Nerina Pallot : ‘I Don’t Know What I’m Doing’ (new album)

1649357386990.png

Out June 17th, I’m ready for some new Nerina. Lead track ‘Cold Places’ is due tomorrow.

1649357466787.png

TRACKLIST:
  1. Cold Places (Album Version) - 5:09
  2. Alice At The Beach - 4:28
  3. Master Builder - 4:20
  4. There's A River - 3:30
  5. Born - 3:10
  6. I Don't Know What I'm Doing - 3:03
  7. The Way We Are - 4:04
  8. Mama - 4:08
  9. Only The Old Songs - 3:25
  10. Australia - 3:47
  11. Don't Dare (Love Is Hell) - 0:37
  12. Fun - 4:14
  13. Chanson

Last edited:
She's one of those artists who really grabbed me with their first album, and then I haven't bothered about since.

I'm sure that's purely down to my laziness though, and not the standard of her material. I may give this one a go!

09 Juno
11 Man Didn't Walk On The Moon
10 Bring Him Fire
07 Come Into My Room
09 Stay Lucky
07 The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
07 Better
09 All Gold
07 Come Back To Bed
09 Bird

Just listening again. God I forgot how good it was.

A certain element of her fans who just want her to keep making ‘The Graduate’ over and over loudly dismissed ‘Stay Lucky’ as boring but they’re wrong, it’s gorgeous. It’s an evening on the sofa soaking it in with a bottle of red wine kind of record.

I loved the first two albums but sort of lost interest a bit after that, especially the EP era. I should give her another go.

The cover is giving me Firebird vibes, let’s hope the relistenability is similarly off the chart

A certain element of her fans who just want her to keep making ‘The Graduate’ over and over loudly dismissed ‘Stay Lucky’ as boring but they’re wrong, it’s gorgeous. It’s an evening on the sofa soaking it in with a bottle of red wine kind of record.
They want The Graduate again?! Who ARE these people?!

I think Stay Lucky is my favourite album of hers. I love The Sound and the Fury too, and a lot of the Year of the EP stuff. I think her music has only improved with time!

(Although I do love the first album too. BLOOD IS BLOOD! BLOOD WILL FLOW! IT'S ALL IT DOES! IT'S ALL IT KNOWS!)

Well I wasn't expecting that!

I really like it and it feels like it will grow, as with most her songs. I already want to hear the full album version

The physicals have an additional song ‘Chanson’ listed as track 13. Her store has been updated with bundles and merch.

Will give Cold Places a listen shortly.

I really like ‘Oh Berlin’ too. I think it was going to be on the album she was recording and scrapped during lockdown as she felt it wasn’t right for the time. To think there are now at least two “lost” Nerina albums out there and a lost Tori one too, I want them!

I really like ‘Oh Berlin’ too. I think it was going to be on the album she was recording and scrapped during lockdown as she felt it wasn’t right for the time. To think there are now at least two “lost” Nerina albums out there and a lost Tori one too, I want them!
I just listened to Next Life and that's really good too, especially how it goes off at the end.

I guess with songwriters like Tori and Nerina, the unused songs may end up in various guises in their future output

Well I wasn't expecting that!

I really like it and it feels like it will grow, as with most her songs. I already want to hear the full album version
Yes i love the strings !
Was expecting a piano led ballad so nice surprise. It’s pretty instant

At first I was like OH NERINA NOT THE VOCODER :( but it’s growing on me

Ok bloody loving this.
I also didn’t pay much attention after Year of The Wolf but Rousseau came up on random after playing this the other day and I really liked it

@BoysForSeles tempted to come back to London...?
It has crossed my mind actually! Trying to decide if four London visits in one year is justifiable (it’s the easiest for me to get to though) as I’ll have had Tori in March, Witness For The Prosecution in June and have tickets for Heather Nova in November.

Second track ‘Alice At The Beach’ is out. It’s a change up in style for her, pretty lush. I really like it. Edit and full version below.

I'm currently loving both new tracks and given how different they are I've no idea where we're going with this album, but I'm fully on board.

It’s here! I received it today haven’t played it yet as I want to sit down later and take it in.

Listening now and this album is VERY early Elton John (and that's not a bad thing).

"The Way We Are" is an early highlight for me. It's not a million miles from the last album either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom