Netherlands 2021: Jeangu Macrooy - Birth of a New Age

Two years in a row Jeangu has delivered the biggest stinker of the year. It sounds so cheap and twee, and not even in a good way.

Altogether now:

YOU ARE MY BROCCOLI

I loved Grow but that live performance was terrible. The only thing we’ll win is the Barbara Dex Award.

I feel like there's a more instant/obvious hook than last year, but overall it isn't as good. "Grow" was beautiful, this is just fine.

Well at least this one has a hook at all, which is a step up from last year. Bit of an overcooked mess though, isn't it?

Just pretend it doesn't exist. I've a feeling that's what the voters will be doing come May.
I'm not suggesting you may have too much emotional investment in the results of a song contest (I think you should have more and we should perhaps form a terror group) but I feel this is like the tenth time I've read you post "this is shit it's going to do badly because it's shit" about something with a glaringly obvious angle in the last month, as if Denmark coming top ten isn't a result that's waiting there to punch you in the mouth every single time (even in years when they didn't even qualify somehow)

I much prefer this (still nowhere near as good as Grow). I have no idea why they decided to go with that live performance first. It's like they haven't learned anything from 2014.

The studio version is better, but still wimpy and crap. Worst of the year for me so far.
In a world with Germany, Norway and France!?

The song is fine, but absolutely not in danger of bothering the top 10 for me.

In a world with Germany, Norway and France!?

The song is fine, but absolutely not in danger of bothering the top 10 for me.
I like Germany, France is okay for what it is and even Norway has the hook in the chorus which I don’t hate.
This just has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Is nobody, in this Eurovision of pre-recorded backing vox, going to give me a GOSPEL CHOIR?

It would have worked so well onstage with something like Grow :emoji_weary:

LOVING THIS NOW

The staging is excellent and he's got the best voice in the contest this year
Real Housewives Of Orange County Opinion GIF by PeacockTV

This has been my biggest grower during the last month or so. I really really hope this doesn't end up being overlooked on Saturday. He's fantastic, vocally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom