New Gaga music rumours/Tony Bennett album #2

Screenshot_20210721-075519_Facebook.jpg

🤢

I will say I enjoy Nature Boy from the last jazz album. I'm not getting a KICK out of this though.

I love a bit of big band but there’s a time and a place and she’s kind of wasting her imperial era and her momentum. I get that he’s not long for this world but she has decades of her legacy era to be releasing albums like this and Radio 2 will support her forever. But she doesn’t have endless time left on pop radio. Give us another hit album before you ‘retire’ please, Gags

Listen to you all harping on about imperial eras and electropop and "jazz standards can wait" when T. Bennett who means an enormous amount to her is knocking on death's door and this album will snatch two or three months at most from her pre-Oscar winning schedule :D MISERS. let them HONK over some TRUMPETS and a JAZZ PIANO!

I love a bit of big band but there’s a time and a place and she’s kind of wasting her imperial era and her momentum. I get that he’s not long for this world but she has decades of her legacy era to be releasing albums like this and Radio 2 will support her forever. But she doesn’t have endless time left on pop radio. Give us another hit album before you ‘retire’ please, Gags
She does have a song for Top Gun: Maverick coming out not long after this which would be the next gambit for a hit. Love for Sale was recorded back in 2018 at the same time as Gaga was working on the A Star Is Born soundtrack and Chromatica so it’s been in the pipeline for a while and already been through delays. We also have a remix album of the latter from Bloodpop and his entire contacts list coming who knows when which should help give a little tail end boost to the era.

As for the next studio album proper I don’t think that’s even a twinkle in the eye at this point.

Also I appreciate how much more relaxed and easy these collab albums and their rollouts have been with Tony, even now considering his illness. She looks great, sounds great and is waltzing around looking every inch a timeless star and Tony sounds remarkable for a man in his 90s.

It would have been easy enough to just bench him after diagnosis and I’m glad they didn’t. Art and music are such important aspects of care for people with dementia, it connects deeply with people even when other aspects of memory are gone let alone if that person is someone who’s been performing for decades. I’m glad they are supporting him in being able to be on stage for as long as the illness has made possible and that they have incorporated his drawings in the release for this too.

So who's been bopping to this? :side-eye: 🦗

This 60 Minutes segment is :( The bit where Gaga first went out on stage really got me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom