New(ish) funky/laid-back disco

There appear to be two separate ten plus one anniversary remix packages of this being released for some reason. Both these mixes are pretty wonderful though:

Recent songs were for a new EP, including new song "Let It Kick In". Every song is great but nothing really of the highs of the last album.

So WHY have I only just discovered this band?

A mixture of Chromeo, Le Flex, Sam Sparro and Oliver. Mayer Hawthorne (who's done some good solo work) collabing with Jake One. 3 albums in so far. Found them on YouTube and working my way through the catalogue.

This is their biggest 'hit' - 12m views on YouTube, although it's a bit commercial for me

Last album from 2019, which is very Shalamar/Kool & The Gang/Zapp Band

for no reason except that I like to avoid work, I've spent this afternoon on this mellow house/gentle disco grooves playlist made to soundtrack a summer afternoon - still in process, but get your tiddies out and have a splash in the pool girls @funky @FetchFugly @RJN @ManicKangaroo

Just had this on - such an eclectic mix, you have a real ear for the balearic vibe!

Some REALLY deep shit in there as well, didn't realise you were also a fan of the dark and stormy house music!

Have yourself some of this, when you're in THAT sort of mood it's just the ticket!

awww funks! 😘

I'm a fan of virtually anything adjacent to house music! exploring and discovering takes up so much of my time but brings me so much joy :disco:

I'm going to get into your deeper playlist today and tomorrow. can't wait.

I don't know where to post this. It's certainly laid back, it's not disco, but there is some funk in there... Let's see. Chase it out the thread with a pitchfork if needed. :)

I'm in the midst of discovering this lovely little album/EP by SUAD. Heavy creamy vocals (HAIM-ish?), over melancholy yet groovy beats. Very suitable for mornings.

@funky @Jark @ManicKangaroo @RJN @FetchFugly @Iguana @OutSynk

They are more of a soul outfit taking on a disco vibe but this is so sweet sounding:

Album is out this week.

Incognito have a greatest hits coming out and they've produced some new songs for it, they've never really updated their classic acid jazz sound apart from the slinky post-disco production on this track which I love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom