New(ish) funky/laid-back disco

FetchFugly

closing in again
There appear to be two separate ten plus one anniversary remix packages of this being released for some reason. Both these mixes are pretty wonderful though:

funky

User
Recent songs were for a new EP, including new song "Let It Kick In". Every song is great but nothing really of the highs of the last album.

funky

User
So WHY have I only just discovered this band?

A mixture of Chromeo, Le Flex, Sam Sparro and Oliver. Mayer Hawthorne (who's done some good solo work) collabing with Jake One. 3 albums in so far. Found them on YouTube and working my way through the catalogue.

This is their biggest 'hit' - 12m views on YouTube, although it's a bit commercial for me

Last album from 2019, which is very Shalamar/Kool & The Gang/Zapp Band

funky

User
for no reason except that I like to avoid work, I've spent this afternoon on this mellow house/gentle disco grooves playlist made to soundtrack a summer afternoon - still in process, but get your tiddies out and have a splash in the pool girls @funky @FetchFugly @RJN @ManicKangaroo

Just had this on - such an eclectic mix, you have a real ear for the balearic vibe!

Some REALLY deep shit in there as well, didn't realise you were also a fan of the dark and stormy house music!

Have yourself some of this, when you're in THAT sort of mood it's just the ticket!

Jark

gave ur love away
awww funks! šŸ˜˜

I'm a fan of virtually anything adjacent to house music! exploring and discovering takes up so much of my time but brings me so much joy :disco:

I'm going to get into your deeper playlist today and tomorrow. can't wait.

Tisch

Pauline Quirke has passed away...
I don't know where to post this. It's certainly laid back, it's not disco, but there is some funk in there... Let's see. Chase it out the thread with a pitchfork if needed. :)

I'm in the midst of discovering this lovely little album/EP by SUAD. Heavy creamy vocals (HAIM-ish?), over melancholy yet groovy beats. Very suitable for mornings.

@funky @Jark @ManicKangaroo @RJN @FetchFugly @Iguana @OutSynk

FetchFugly

closing in again
They are more of a soul outfit taking on a disco vibe but this is so sweet sounding:

Album is out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom