New Music Fridays 2022

After Slow Song I had such high hopes for the new Dragonette album, but the pre-release singles were only passable to decent and on first listen the album is much the same. Not very much that really hits you the way the old material did. I do like these songs though:

Is anything worth adding to my Funk, Fetch and Jark Spotify OFFICIAL playlist?
it's a really DRY WEEK.

I added only this (quite nice in a real music kinda way) and the song Selfish Wishes I posted last page which is brilliant

I listened once to the new SZA (shirt :eyes:) and forgot it was even on but I hope I'll like it and I need this damn second album already.

It’s a very dry week.

I sifted through last night and added probably the least number of tracks to my discovery playlist than I have in a while

My release radar was pretty bare. I swear there are more old songs on there every week.

A tad repetitive maybe but big and bright all the same (Nile Rodgers involvement of the week too):

Another good one from Rachel Chinouriri:

From last week, a bit of an eighties R&B groove:

Lots of good stuff this week.

I didn't care for the direction of her last solo effort but this Tate McRae feature does the trick:

Gorgeous, his voice...

Love this, some brilliantly hooky slightly shouty stuff:

Completely not in line with this thread, but this is far better than it has any right to be, and is a nice return to the very loose sense of dance he often dabbled in.

I love this, it feels like they might have been somewhat inspired by As It Was though:

Glittery sad dance:

This is smooth, I'll take this over MNEK's other feature of the week:

Oh I like cub sport and Leo - and yes much better than that shite MNEK has put out with Guetta

this is hot. folky pop banger with quite infectious chugging production.

it's giving Aly & AJ meets Rose Grey and early Ellie Goulding (somehow) and I'm certain @FetchFugly will enjoy

I actually don't know what a Dermot Kennedy is but I heard this on Radio 2 from his recent album and it's QUITE GOOD

this is so smooth and so goooood

definitely one for fans of Ayra Starr, and for @POP! of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom