New Music Fridays 2022

After a series of very average hits, Mimi Webb’s new song one is just a great pop song. Maybe @Jark friendly

I'm not a massive fan of that but I think it's going to be a hit.

Reactions: RJN
Agreed that it will be. She’s had a few hits but I haven’t like any of them

Mimi Webb's previous hits struck me as very ordinary, but I agree the new one is better.

After the marvellous 3am, Dark Rain and Don't Hold Back, Drama have released an EP

Thanks to Spotify's Release Radar now recycling albums released in previous weeks for songs I am enjoying Monte Carlo as well as Metronomy's Love Factory.

Tinashe delivering a mainstream pop BOP in 2022? (Includes traces of Channel Tres)

YES

This was SUCH a great week for new tunes, I don't even know where to begin. I'll throw some in here and other threads tomorrow

This was SUCH a great week for new tunes, I don't even know where to begin. I'll throw some in here and other threads tomorrow
please do! I haven't really seen anything new

please do! I haven't really seen anything new

Well manage your expectations because a lot of my music is not exactly moopy adjacant but as always I'll post em anyway :D

Bit disappointed in this but it's always lovely to see a new Haim song. Hoping it's the start of a new album...

Well manage your expectations because a lot of my music is not exactly moopy adjacant but as always I'll post em anyway :D
Well unless its heavy metal or patriotic country pop, I'd give it a listen

This is better than anything from his last album, althought IMO that's not saying much. Nice though

What happened to Khalid? He had a bunch of hits and some hype but its all disappeared. I've seen him at two festivals and both times he was just ok

What happened to Khalid? He had a bunch of hits and some hype but its all disappeared. I've seen him at two festivals and both times he was just ok

He took the mumble R&B a bit too far I think.. not sure that's the reason but seriously OPEN YOUR MOUTH WHEN SINGING, you have a nice voice.

I just think his last album was too samey, and just didn't have any anthems. His previous album was undeniably wall to wall radio bops, even though I don't like everything he does.

It's like he's run out of ideas.

These guys have gone from some teeny boy band to a really good indie pop band with a strong bop rate. Coldplay could never.

On topic, this sounds like a Khalid song when Khalid was still good

Love love love love this guy. Anyone not familiar he's a bit James Blake, but with a poppier, jazzier, more soulful tinge. There's quite a big underground nu jazz movement in the UK at the moment, lots of great artists.

This is SO FUNKY. Quite fascinated how much these still crossover in 2022, to be honest. They actually hit the Top 75 in the UK (not the downloads chart the ACTUAL chart, which is extremely hard for alternative acts, especially older ones like this), they trended on YouTube with the last single and their spotify numbers are huge.

These guys have gone from some teeny boy band to a really good indie pop band with a strong bop rate. Coldplay could never.

this sounds exactly like something but I can't figure out what. Its ok, but a lot of what they've done lately has been just ok as well for me. Youngblood is one of the best big hits of the last few years imo

this sounds exactly like something but I can't figure out what. Its ok, but a lot of what they've done lately has been just ok as well for me. Youngblood is one of the best big hits of the last few years imo

this is the one that got me noticing them. Such a bop. Sounds like St Lucia.

Love love love love this guy. Anyone not familiar he's a bit James Blake, but with a poppier, jazzier, more soulful tinge. There's quite a big underground nu jazz movement in the UK at the moment, lots of great artists.

I like this

No idea who this is but I like it

I LOVE this

@RJN check out Jordan Rakei's "Family", definitely in my Top 5 songs of last year.

Don't know who this is, Spotify added the closing track to its new music playlists, but I had a skip through the whole album and it's actually really nice understated R&B-pop.

@RJN check out Jordan Rakei's "Family", definitely in my Top 5 songs of last year.
That one was a little less James Blake but also good. I think its more a song than grows though

Another great tune. Really excited to listen to the new album.

This is fucking awful but I had to post it :D What were they all thinking?

Speaking of retro, did everyone know Robyn covered Buffalo Stance (with the help of Neneh Cherry herself)? Not as good as it sounds on paper.

About 3 people will care, but love that Joey Bada$$ has gone back to his jazzy rap roots. This is so good.

Quite a few good pop songs out this week but it is this cover that popped up on my Release Radar that I keep going back to. Nirvana given a Fleetwood Mac makeover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom