New music rumours

Weeknd association made me think that maybe she might try an 80s new wave sound? Maybe a bit of The 1975 type stuff?

she really needs to find a sound that suits her voice. Part of the problem of the last 15 years IMO.

I don’t remember her super bowl performance being good

then again I don’t actually remember the performance full stop bar the finger.

I think I’ve just shelved all recent memory of her until she gets good again

My hot takes:

Vogue
- Her dancing is very stilted throughout - more so than I remember during the Madame X tour when she was actually injured! I don't think the choreo suited her at all, her movements are all awkward. There's a part where she picks up a dancer's foot who kicks it in her direction and she blinks like she is disgusted at having to touch him :D
- Despite all the gold costumes and set design, and the 40-odd dancers, it looks quite cheap. Kylie had the same sort of aesthetic during Aphrodite but somehow made it look a lot more majestic (but also cheap at the same time....not sure where I'm going with this). I guess this was just a one-off perf as opposed to a whole tour, so can be forgiven...

Music
- She does look like she's enjoying herself a bit more. Well, she's smiling.
- The acrobat does nothing for me. Maybe it looked better if you were there
- There's really no reason for her to mime Music, which is within her range
- Is she doing the funky chicken?!

Gimme All Your Luvin'
- I understand that there is cheerleading because it's the Super Bowl and that this was the current single. I don't even really mind the song. But after Vogue and Music it obviously sounds pretty weak. I also understand the reason for having bleachers, but it just looks so meh.
- The guest stars are obviously not my cup of tea but I don't give a rat's behind about flipping the bird
- Nice touch including Open Your Heart - I'd forgotten about that.

Like A Prayer
- OK much more like it. This worked really well. It's simple and pure and she looks comfortable.
- Her voice sounds great. Why couldn't her Eurovision perf be like this?!

So generally, I don't think it's great, but Like A Prayer does help redeem it. But none of it made me feel ANYTHING. I know comparisons aren't helpful but the Lady Gaga performance made me really FEEL - I think she blew Madonna out the water if we are comparing

I'd be intrigued to know what made it spectacular though!

Madonna’s super bowl is considered the best?!

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
Yes, yes it is. Do you have a problem with that?

tumblr_n402czHeyH1qk08n1o5_500.gif

It's very difficult to please the loons and the general public, who the Superbowl Halftime Show is intended to target. Most of the public aren't even casual fans so the slot isn't the prime opportunity for risk taking, off center song selections, etc. I found it well executed but a bit BORING as a fan, but objectively she filled the slot well and offered a memorable performance to the MASSES. "Like a Prayer" was the obvious highlight.

Also, GAYLUV is the worst song to ever exist in her catalog and I'll die on that hill, but it scored her one more top ten so I'll ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON

Prince
Timberlake
Gaga
Beyoncé

to name a few

Appearing soon as an example of hyperbole in all good dictionaries.
Hardly.

Eurovision was shit- fair enough, but her Superbowl performance was excellent and actually reinvigorated the whole premise at the time. I know it's in to slag her off and say she's shit but at the time it went down very well and had great reception across the board. I watched it again recently and thought it was brilliant. I didn't like the LMFAO bit but that was minor.

I accept that.

Timberlake
I absolutely do not accept that. Yuck!

I don't know her. :eyes:
Seriously though I only watched it once, and it was good I agree. I probably need to rewatch.

Widely considered to be the best Superbowel I suppose but outside of her Coachella gig I find that Beyonce does little for me live.

Everyone has forgotten about Katy Perry and the sharks though. Oops.

Also, GAYLUV is the worst song to ever exist in her catalog and I'll die on that hill
It's not the worst song in her catalogue ('BDay Song', 'SEX', 'Holy Water' all say hi) but it's definitely her worst single.

GAYLUV is purely diabolical and cannot be enjoyed even as a guilty pleasure (unlike, say, 'Re-Vulva').

It's not the worst song in her catalogue ('BDay Song', 'SEX', 'Holy Water' all say hi) but it's definitely her worst single.

GAYLUV is purely diabolical and cannot be enjoyed even as a guilty pleasure (unlike, say, 'Re-Vulva').
At least she looked nice in the video. Her best look post 2010. I don't mind "Holy Water" or "SEX" although I get the hate. "BDay Song" was a bonus track so I guess I just ignore it exists.

I don’t think saying her super bowl performance wasn’t spectacular is really a case of being with the “in thing to slag her off”. It was solid.

I thought her Superbowl performance was QUITE GOOD. No more or less.

I've just watched the Madonna half time show, and I saw it at the time as well.

Broadly shite, is my verdict.

And Prince's Superbowl was clearly the best but it's hardly fair, because it's Prince. The question should be who is the best superbowl apart from Prince. You can prefer another act, but you can't be better than Prince. A bit like the way the sky is blue. It just is.

And Prince's Superbowl was clearly the best but it's hardly fair, because it's Prince. The question should be who is the best superbowl apart from Prince. You can prefer another act, but you can't be better than Prince. A bit like the way the sky is blue. It just is.
Let's not do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom