Next stage of lockdown and egg related chat

Rita

User
What do we think is going to happen in the UK a week on Thursday? Do we think lockdown will continue as it is for another 3 weeks, or are we thinking that some restrictions may be lifted? What do we think the next stage looks like? What is going on Worldwide?

Last edited:
Italy announced yesterday that restrictions are gradually being lifted at certain dates. I think UK will follow but I don't think it will be as early as that.

I think it will be the end of May before they even consider doing much really. Then I think they''ll open schools in June in England and Wales. Scotland maybe depending on WHEN in June. Then probably stuff like Greggs and other shops and hairdressers. Pubs and Restaurants will be a while off though.

Do you think they'll open schools so close to summer? It'll have to be staggered with certain class groups on certain days if so.

It's hard enough fitting 30 children into a primary classroom without making them socially distance as well.

I am thinking lockdown until the end of May too, as I think it must last at least 3 weeks when announced?

non UK post: the past Monday they opened hairdressers, masseurs etc here as well as kindergardens and schools (up till 5th grade). next step will be announced in a couple of weeks, anybody's guess really

what I keep seeing hints at here and there in the press is the second wave. will it be the same or worse? will everything be reverted again? I have a great deal of sympathy with everyone who's struggling during these times, I have been fine myself luckily (I am quite the introvert and couch bug anyway). but a second wave with more of the same is a dreadful thought :zombie:

Do you think they'll open schools so close to summer? It'll have to be staggered with certain class groups on certain days if so.

It's hard enough fitting 30 children into a primary classroom without making them socially distance as well.

I would be happier if they waited until the end of August for them to start a new term. On the other hand children initiating from nursery to school, and children from primary school to high school are getting pushed in at the deep end.

The government line seems to be that lockdown is indefinite at the moment. (Which seems somewhat remarkable for Tories). Personally I’m quite happy they seem to be ignoring the calls (mainly from KATIE HOPKINS) to reopen the country up asap and get back to normal :)

non UK post: the past Monday they opened hairdressers, masseurs etc here as well as kindergardens and schools (up till 5th grade). next step will be announced in a couple of weeks, anybody's guess really

what I keep seeing hints at here and there in the press is the second wave. will it be the same or worse? will everything be reverted again? I have a great deal of sympathy with everyone who's struggling during these times, I have been fine myself luckily (I am quite the introvert and couch bug anyway). but a second wave with more of the same is a dreadful thought :zombie:

Sorry I didn’t mean to make it exclusively UK. I was just interested as to what others thought would be happening in the UK as I really don’t have a bloody clue at this point.

I will edit the first post.

The government line seems to be that lockdown is indefinite at the moment. (Which seems somewhat remarkable for Tories). Personally I’m quite happy they seem to be ignoring the calls (mainly from KATIE HOPKINS) to reopen the country up asap and get back to normal :)

I didn’t know that SHE’D been crowing on about bringing it to an end. For God’s sake someone just muzzle it. PERMANENTLY

I would be happier if they waited until the end of August for them to start a new term. On the other hand children initiating from nursery to school, and children from primary school to high school are getting pushed in at the deep end.
I'm struggling to comprehend how they can implement a new school year in Nursery and Primary whilst maintaining social distancing. You'd have to eliminate play based learning which would be a disaster.

Sorry I didn’t mean to make it exclusively UK. I was just interested as to what others thought would be happening in the UK as I really don’t have a bloody clue at this point.

I will edit the first post.

no need to edit, the bulk of the loungers here are based in the UK. I was just weighing in as I reckon most European countries will follow roughly the same pattern when it comes to re-opening

i don't really need for the lockdown to come to an end anytime soon. i'm quite happy at home. and even mrs bev has adapted to having mostly a virtual relationship. :)

Reactions: GNL
I also seem to have weirdly got used to this existence which is pretty much the exact opposite of the way I lived before. Am I going to be a hermit and like it forevermore? :shy:

I didn’t know that SHE’D been crowing on about bringing it to an end. For God’s sake someone just muzzle it. PERMANENTLY

I could make a thread of her rambling, DERANGED Twitter videos but it’s not good to feed the troll :D

That said she was calling for a return of “wartime humour” the other day WHATEVER THAT EVEN MEANS!

No, she's back on Twitter. Twitter needs attention to survive - Hopkins brings attention. No moral compass AT ALL.

They'll need to toss the grumbling middle-class a bone of some sort. Not sure what that will be...maybe allowing people to visit their holiday homes or something.

i don't really need for the lockdown to come to an end anytime soon. i'm quite happy at home. and even mrs bev has adapted to having mostly a virtual relationship. :)
I also seem to have weirdly got used to this existence which is pretty much the exact opposite of the way I lived before. Am I going to be a hermit and like it forevermore? :shy:

I'm kind of the same except that I wish I had some outdoor space or was AT LEAST ALLOWED to go and sit in a park with some cans :angry:

I think they will lift some restrictions on May 7. Like allowing construction workers to go back to work, while everyone else stays at home.

they would be mad, in my opinion, to allow too much at the one time i.e. letting some workers go to work and allowing people to have social bubbles of 10 etc. I think that should come end of May, but I guess we shall see.

Smaller businesses might start to trickle back to work, but I think the same rules on public transport will be enforced. Basically, commuters will still be required to work from home.

May 11th was given here a couple of weeks ago as a provisional date for easing lockdown measures. Over the last few days this date has sort of been confirmed and our prime minister is going to present the detailed plan tomorrow. Hairdressers and definitely going to reopen in two weeks. Kids will be go back to school gradually starting with the youngest. No decision regarding restaurants, bars and cafes will be made before the end of May.

Actually although I was being FACETIOUS AS EVER with that tag I wouldn't put it PAST this SHOWER to schedule some kind of UNLOCKING GESTURE for MAY 8 and TIE IT IN with THE GREAT GLORIOUS WAR VICTORY :manson:

We SAW OFF THE HUN and NOW WE'RE SEEING OFF CORONAVIRUS

Get me BORIS on line 2, I'm going to send in a speech

Smaller businesses might start to trickle back to work, but I think the same rules on public transport will be enforced. Basically, commuters will still be required to work from home.
Public transport will clearly be the biggest headfuck. The scientific committee is recommending wearing masks and a minimum distance of 1 meter between commuters. I honestly cannot see how the would work in Paris or any big city. I've moved from taking the metro to cycling to work and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

May 11th was given here a couple of weeks ago as a provisional date for easing lockdown measures. Over the last few days this date has sort of been confirmed and our prime minister is going to present the detailed plan tomorrow. Hairdressers and definitely going to reopen in two weeks. Kids will be go back to school gradually starting with the youngest. No decision regarding restaurants, bars and cafes will be made before the end of May.
And yet you would think from queens on Insta that suddenly they will be back at Rosa Bonheur from 11 May.

I think they need to be very clear that 11 May is not really deconfinement, but just a new stage of confinement, with fewer restrictions.

And yet you would think from queens on Insta that suddenly they will be back at Rosa Bonheur from 11 May.

I think they need to be very clear that 11 May is not really deconfinement, but just a new stage of confinement, with fewer restrictions.
I miss Rosa Bonheur so much :(:(

I miss Rosa Bonheur so much :(:(
They need a RB Social Distancing Edition, where everyone stands around looking at each other but pretending not to, and certainly not talking to anyone other than their narrow circle of acquaintances for the first three hours. Oh wait, that sounds like normal Rosa Bonheur.

They need a RB Social Distancing Edition, where everyone stands around looking at each other but pretending not to, and certainly not talking to anyone other than their narrow circle of acquaintances for the first three hours. Oh wait, that sounds like normal Rosa Bonheur.
Well all know the fun only starts when everyone is drunk and doing coke dans les chiottes :disco:

They’re announcing the steps of reopening in Ontario in an hour but our office has already sent a note extending the work from home until May 31st.

As much as i’m not relishing the prospect of working a new job from home for an extended period, office-based staff should absolutely be among the last to be travelling into work as normal.

There are definitely benefits to being in offices but this entire situation has proven how arbitrary and pointless the commute is. The VAST majority of my organisation’s work can be done from home. I’m lucky that I can cycle to work (both at current and new job) but a number of my colleagues are very opposed to the idea of having to cram themselves back onto public transport anytime soon.

And i’m not just saying that because reopening offices but maintaining restrictions on most other things would involve an active decrease in my quality of life at the moment since it would involve having to come back to manky old London just to commute between work and home and do basically fuck all else.

If they implement social distancing policies, the likelihood of me being back in the office until the end of the year is very slim.

When do we expect Boris to outline the next stages this week? I am assuming Thursday. Someone on the BBC was saying schools are expected to go back at the beginning of June which seems rather pointless in Scotland considering children are going to be starting Summer holidays at the end of June. It will be interesting to see if Nicola Sturgeon takes a different approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom