Next stage of lockdown and egg related chat

I can’t see Scotland going for the schools reopening in June

They’d be better getting teachers to just go back and get the classrooms set up for social distancing

I’m happy to just be able to see people properly. I can live without pubs and restaurants for a bit longer- only because of the huge amount of money I’m saving :D

I think we need some sort of potential outline which is subject to change as right now it feels like it will never END and I’m falling in to despair.

Last edited:
I’m happy to just be able to see people properly. I can live without pubs and restaurants for a bit longer- only because of the huge amount of money I’m saving :D
I have so much spare cash!

Do we think international travel will be banned for a long time? I was hopefully planning on flying to Sweden at the end of August. Otherwise my uni plans are stuffed!

Of course this won't last for long. Mr Ag's work have sent out a letter asking for voluntary redundancies :zombie:

Do we think international travel will be banned for a long time? I was hopefully planning on flying to Sweden at the end of August. Otherwise my uni plans are stuffed!
Absolutely. That will be last to end.

I hope there's some leeway. I have a contract in Milan until the end of August so have a bit of hope that will allow me to go back for a bit. If only because I have to finalise stuff with the school and pack up my apartment.

I really think national borders will remain sealed until there's a vaccine.

Travel restrictions could be lifted country-by-country. However, just wait until the UK and US find themselves remaining blocked due to the remaining high risk due to the pisspoor response by their governments.

Travel restrictions could be lifted country-by-country. However, just wait until the UK and US find themselves remaining blocked due to the remaining high risk due to the pisspoor response by their governments.
You say we're shit. Look over at Russia. And fucking Sweden!

Sweden's death rate for Coronavirus is lower than many countries on full lockdown. Probably due to the fact that Swedes follow Government rules more closely than other countries and they practise social distancing anyway.

Sweden haven't actually done any worse than the rest of us though, have they? There could be method to their madness...

With regards to Sweden I think it is useful there are countries trying different approaches. A vaccine or cure isn’t guaranteed, and we won’t be able to live like this indefinitely. The only purpose of the lockdown is to slow the spread, it’s never going to be completely eradicated. They won’t admit it but I think long term herd immunity is the goal and they’re waiting on the data for death rates and re-infection before opening things up again

I have so much spare cash!

I’ve got NOTHING to spend it on and just keep getting refunds for stuff, which keeps making things go down even further. I’ve got rid of most of my credit card debt and my “new kitchen” plans are far more elaborate than they were likely to be at the start of all of this.

The alternative is another 18 months of shuttling between home, work (if you still have a job!) and Tesco in an ugly mask afraid to go within 2 metres of anyone and slowly going INSANE.

Reactions: Zu
My sister lives in Sweden - her comment was this: where she lives, there was a consensus that their govt weren't doing enough so folk took it upon themselves to take steps based on what advice was coming in from abroad (her partner travels to China sometimes with his work so he was on the ball very quickly). Contrast with the UK which has mumped, moaned and whined its whole way through lockdown, pausing only to clap for a few minutes on a Thursday.

However, big country, the story in, say, Stockholm could be very different.

You say we're shit. Look over at Russia. And fucking Sweden!

Whataboutery. Johnson and his government have been shit and we will therefore be at the back of any country-based queue for re-opening.

The alternative is another 18 months of shuttling between home, work (if you still have a job!) and Tesco in an ugly mask afraid to go within 2 metres of anyone and slowly going INSANE.

Slowly? The entire country is as good as off its chuff and it's been less than 6 weeks!

Reactions: Zu
I don't think you can compare Stockholm to a city like New York for example. Comparatively, Sweden have done a lot worse compared to their Norwegian and Finnish neighbours.

“This is the least of our problems” indeed! I’d rather DIE!

I’d only just discovered that fabulously scabby Chinese buffet place in Camberwell as well :(

I’d only just discovered that fabulously scabby Chinese buffet place in Camberwell as well :(

Can we not mention restaurants, now I’m thinking about Silk Road and want to put my head in the oven.

OH THANKS GUARDIAN. As if I wasn't already PISSED OFF ENOUGH at missing my all-inclusive Mexican holiday last week NOW YOU SUGGEST THE BUFFET MIGHT NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom