Next Tory leader/ UK Prime Minister (2022)

Least disgusting?

• Total voters
20220726_192702.jpg

Personally I think she could have been quicker at walking but I am sure she was carefully assessing the area for danger first before administering basic life support.

Caring Liz is clearly trained in BLS and she demonstrated her compassion

Honestly just eat it up
5f0708719707a7963b522cb7a0946ffe.gif

You have to think that if you were to come round from a medical emergency and the first thing you see is Liz Truss, it would lead to a pretty serious re-evaluation of your life priorities.

Last edited:
It’s an alright meme

Why the fuck is Kate McCann presenting though :D I feel like only COB has reacted like this isn’t utterly bizarre

Is Captain Tom’s awful daughter the backup?

Oh :D the video clip was tiny and I’ve been AWAY

Tbh Kate McCann hosting a Sun debate didn’t feel like it couldn’t happen :D
She came as a package deal with little Maddie on Page 3.

UGH

Rishi Sunak will seek to revive his flagging bid for the premiership on Saturday by wading in to a series of so-called culture war issues, vowing to stop “leftwing agitators” from “bulldozing” British values.

With Liz Truss the firm favourite ahead of a critical few days in the leadership contest, and ballot papers set to be received by Conservative party members from Monday, Sunak will give a speech attacking “woke nonsense”.

While the former chancellor came first in a vote of Tory MPs, Truss has consistently led in party members’ polls and won the endorsement of former favourite Ben Wallace on Thursday, underlining the sense that her campaign is picking up momentum. On Friday night it was also announced that her former leadership rival Tom Tugendhat, who popular among Conservative party members and a senior figure in the One Nation group of centrist Tory MPs, would back Truss. He praised her plans for tax cuts, saying they were “founded on true conservative principles”.

Sunak has taken up a series of increasingly hardline positions in a bid to close the gap with his rival.

Addressing members in West Sussex on Saturday, he will say: “What’s the point in stopping the bulldozers in the green belt if we allow leftwing agitators to take a bulldozer to our history, our traditions and our fundamental values?

“Whether it’s pulling down statues of historic figures, replacing the school curriculum with anti-British propaganda or rewriting the English language so we can’t even use words like ‘man’, ‘woman’ or ‘mother’ without being told we’re offending someone?”

Sunak will say that a government led by him would review the 2010 Equality Act and associated guidance to make clear that “sex means biological sex”.

He will also pledge to put guidance on relationships and sex education on to a statutory footing to ensure children are “shielded from inappropriate material”.

It follows Truss’s promise, at the first leadership hustings on Thursday, to ensure schools provide single-sex toilets.

Questioned about the issue by an audience member, Truss said: “I’ve been very clear that single-sex spaces should be protected, particularly for young people, as well as vulnerable people … as prime minister I would direct that to happen, because it’s a difficult time being a teenager, being a young girl, and you should be able to have the privacy you need in your own loo.”

While Sunak will insist “we have zero interest in fighting a so-called culture war”, his announcement appears to be a fresh bid to enthuse Tory grassroots by talking tough on controversial issues as he fights to remain in the leadership race.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom