Nick Kamen DEAD

:o

"Each Time" and "I Promised Myself" were proper BOPS.

I fucking love I Promised Myself - a flop in the UK but massive on the continent, and revived/IMPROVED in the 00s by the A*Teens. :disco:

That’s no age to pass away, terribly sad. I don’t think I realised he was 59 though I would’ve said first half of 50s if asked. That A Teens track was awful. This was number one for him in Italy for 9 weeks.

I feel the laundrette advert was a very early sexual awakening. So thanks Nick.

Why is it that I remember the Levi advert? Like not even just from nostalgia shows, I actually remember it. I was 4 years old. Did it run on TV for about 5 years or something?

Why is it that I remember the Levi advert? Like not even just from nostalgia shows, I actually remember it. I was 4 years old. Did it run on TV for about 5 years or something?
It was quite the cultural phenomenon. I'm SURE I saw it as a child.

It was also heavily parodied and has been on multiple TV Best Of comps. It really was a big TV moment.

I Promised Myself was a BIT LIMP wasn't it? I don't hate it, it's standard mid 80s pop fodder.

I presume they were his vocals because they're not very good.

I only just found this out. I'm listening to the most relaxed Madge interview from 1986 and suddenly wondered what this impossibly beautiful man looked like in 2021. Here is the interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom