Nikki Grahame DEAD

I was obsessed with Big Brother to a TRAGIC DEGREE as a teenager, and she was my favourite.

This has made me very sad. Poor Nikki.

The two times I met her, are etched in my mind like yesterday. She was like her BB character but x100 messier. She was very very drunk.

I got the sense she was either a genuine mess of a human, she became her TV caricature or both.

The second half of this video never fails to crack me up. Nikki stomping through Manchester ranting about the UK and the rain.

So sad. I had grown out of Big Brother by the time she came on but for some reason I remember watching it that summer and she was my favourite. There was always a ring of TRUTH to her rants however OTT they were and she was in her own way a MASTER of ORATORY.

Genuinely bigger on my FB than Phil. Book of Stats I know, but there was a crossover period when celebrity overtook royalty in public affections.

OMG this really shows me how little I give a shit about the Royal Family, because I am genuinely feeling devastated by this in comparison to yesterday's news. When I play online reality games, she is literally the ONLY British reality star to have transcended and become properly well known globally. I was literally talking to a Filipino girl about her this week, who was a big fan.

Those pictures that were shared of her recently, crowdfunding to try to save her life, will haunt me forever to be honest, especially now it's ended so tragically. :(

Last edited:
Genuinely bigger on my FB than Phil. Book of Stats I know, but there was a crossover period when celebrity overtook royalty in public affections.

Particularly in a certain age group. Which is probably our generation tbh.

I mean, don't get me wrong, if it was one of the younger royals dying from anorexia, I'm sure we'd be horrified too. I think it's partially the MANNER of the death too that gives you a resounding feeling of horror.

Particularly in a certain age group. Which is probably our generation tbh.

I mean, don't get me wrong, if it was one of the younger royals dying from anorexia, I'm sure we'd be horrified too. I think it's partially the MANNER of the death too that gives you a resounding feeling of horror.

I just think younger people put it into perspective. ANY 99 year old dying is not unprecedented nor a tragedy, including members of your own family.

The two times I met her, are etched in my mind like yesterday. She was like her BB character but x100 messier. She was very very drunk.

I got the sense she was either a genuine mess of a human, she became her TV caricature or both.
Where did you meet her?

My other recollection was second hand gossip. She complained endlessly when she had to do Coach Trip with Aisleyne, who she described as a bitch.

It's strange how much Nikki is connected to Moopy for me in a way. I remember graduating from high school that year and coming on here to marvel at her latest antics and diary-room triumphs ended up being such a welcome distraction from having to decide "what to do with my life" - and also, #getgraceout.

It's brutal, especially since the last year seems to have contributed to her death in such a massive way. The aftermath of people being cut off from their support systems and routines probably won't get the reporting and coverage it deserves.

I just watched her mother on the recent This Morming interview, and what struck me is we'll never get to hear that lovely, moaning accent of hers again saying anything rotten, sweet and often completely on the money or, let's face it, utterly off too. Surely if she hadn't had such obvious struggles TV land would have been glad to have had more of her. She was effortlessly delivering and even when accused of being too self aware (which I think was her whole thing really), she was reality TV royalty. I think gogglebox should have had her. If Heat magazine is still a thing they'd better do a commemorative issue and give us statements from all the lowculture greats (preferably with a quote from Nikki saying something horrible about them before or below each).

Really really sad. I did fear the worst when they were crowdfunding and heard about the photos of her, but I had a glimmer of hope when she went into the private hospital :(

Nikki, no.:(

Genuinely my favourite reality star of all time. This has really affected me, as I 100 percent thought she was going to come through this and get better.

Fly high, sweetheart.

I've seen a few comments about how reality TV did this to her and used her and ate her up and spat her out. Well I think the opposite is actually true in her case. She had anorexia from the age of 8 to 18... then went in Big Brother when she was 24 and to be honest, it seems to me that reality TV gave her the best years of her life, and it seems to have delayed the horror story that the last couple of years appear to have been for her. It's so easy to blame TV - but she loved it as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Was it all just too late by the time she seeked treatment, or was she not responding to the treatment she was receiving at the anorexic clinic?

She was released from the clinic 24 hours before she died as she was thought to no longer need 24 hour care. Everyone was cautiously optimistic she was getting better. :(

I wonder if it was a Karen Carpenter situation, as there is a high risk of your body failing even in recovery from anorexia.

That’s even more awful that there were signs of hope. :(

I've seen a few comments about how reality TV did this to her and used her and ate her up and spat her out. Well I think the opposite is actually true in her case. She had anorexia from the age of 8 to 18... then went in Big Brother when she was 24 and to be honest, it seems to me that reality TV gave her the best years of her life, and it seems to have delayed the horror story that the last couple of years appear to have been for her. It's so easy to blame TV - but she loved it as far as I can tell.

It seems lockdown did it to her from what her mother has said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom