Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
Finished acorn cup. Didn't realise you could just listen to the music (thwomp ruins would be my favourite). Piranha Plant Cove was probably the best to look at of that lot.

Madrid was fun, particularly the town square and football pitch (that they should do with the inevitable Metroid track as a reference to that infamous 3da spin off).

Hated the Rosalina track on MK7, but much easier to control. Retro really did deliver such a perfunctory installment for the 3ds in my opinion. Nice to look at - maybe I'll pop CH ER on and play the snow levels next month.

Rainbow done right is a jackpot. Not jaw dropping, but the sparkly flourishes were nice and much improved over the Wii's driving difficulty.

Did anyone watch the Indie Direct, and if so, was it any good? I can't believe I can't muster any urge to watch it right now (really unthinkable for all of Switch's life cycle up until now).

Did anyone watch the Indie Direct, and if so, was it any good? I can't believe I can't muster any urge to watch it right now (really unthinkable for all of Switch's life cycle up until now).

I skimmed through it - it looked fairly consistent with the last few. Some games with interesting concepts, most of which are doomed to get quietly released and subsequently buried in the eShop's unwieldy catacombs.

I've been holding off buying eShop games at the moment (most notably Sea Of Stars, which people are raving about) because I assume a Switch 2 - whenever it arrives - will not have the function to re-download them.

Bayonetta 3 for £25 anyone? It's in a 2 for £20 offer at game. The only other non download code in a box is a retro shooter otherwise priced at £12, and postage is £5, so I opted for Assassin's Creed Black Flag (download code).

I had assumed my Switch had fallen, but on Facebook I've seen someone post their own and that it has a swollen battery. I've been playing mine like this for weeks. Is it safe?

Nintendo take them in, but I assume they then wack you with a bill. I've sent an email before initiating the UPS collection. In the meantime I totally forgot I have 3 Switch units anyway. I do hope my red one doesn't go the same way, but I've never heard of such a catastrophe. And now that I've docked it, see the battery is completely drained (which I believe is what causes the pregnant battery thing).

The rumour was a delay until 2025 for the Switch successor, but I'd argue a partner showcase indicates that there is no such delay (if that's the word) for the expected end-of-2024 release window.

I think it runs a little poorly, but one act in and I did enjoy it even if it was easy and a button bash, plus I didn't like seeing I had missed a star and had no way of going back. I don't see a £50 game here and I honestly don't think I'd even bite at the standard £33 digital discount. No idea how many more levels there are, but will go again soon.

No carry over of my Peach Showtime demo save file? Replayed the first act, but not really feeling the obligatory repeat.

Princess Peach's ribbon jumps and ribbons attack are making me think a re-skin hack and calling the game I'm Right On Top of That Rose: Street Fighter Showtime would be just the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom