Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
I loved Captain Toad. It's not particularly taxing, but it's a joy to play.

READY FOR ADVENTURE!!!!!111

Reactions: dUb
What’s this? Same system with a better screen/sound/stand?

no idea
I got distracted by the first three people having deep gaming experiences without actually pressing buttons. That first guy was on a real ride.

why is the third guy playing his in the hallway?

So what's the price? If it's more expensive it doesn't bode well for the rumoured "pro" version (which I'd much prefer).

Yep - larger OLED screen, bigger internal storage, and an ethernet port in the dock. No performance improvements apparently.

Reactions: dUb
received_1488145151517884.jpeg

Newbie alert.
how easy is it to download software from illegal questionable sources to play on a Switch?
Does it have to be modded in some way?
I haven’t got a Switch (yet), but this will probably be the deal maker if it’s quite easy.

You would definitely need to mod your Switch for that sort of thing! I haven't done it myself, but as I understand it can be a BIT tricky and you may also need a Switch console that was manufactured before a particular date. You used to at least, I haven't kept up with it all for the past year or so :shock:

£310, so £30 more.

That's a shame no pro as I was looking forward to the idea of my island on Animal Crossing not being 5 frames per second.

I guess that the rumours of a Pro model were actually about this then - I couldn't see them releasing a refresh like this if there was an actual upgrade with better specs coming for at least a year, I suppose :(

Game Boy and Game Boy Color coming to the Online service soon, allegedly:

Give us Game Boy Advance you cowards!

I hope you all look forward to Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land, Donkey Kong and Link's Awakening ONCE MORE.

Obviously the back catalogue of Nintendo is strong enough that they can allow this DRIP FEED of titles to happen but we all know they can offer ALL SORTS of games from ALL their consoles - they gave away 10 GBA games on the 3DS and they were putting N64 games on the Wii, even bringing never-released games to the West and translating them! I know that wasn't a subscription model but to be honest SUPER MARIO KART and BALLOON FIGHT can only take you SO FAR SO MANY TIMES.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
I have a feeling all those CUSTOMER-FRIENDLY decisions came from the top (Iwata) and we're unlikely to see something like that in Nintendo ever again :(

There's probably some weird logic here that they've timed it so that people can play Metroid II before the new one comes out, but if they'd gone for GBA instead we could've had Fusion AND Zero Mission :evil: (Fusion actually LOOKS mechanically similar to Dread in some respects, too...)

Metroid II was already KINDA DRY AND DRAB in the EARLY NINETIES so I doubt many 12 year olds are going to be impressed with it in 2021. It's all names and marketing innit, ugh.

What part of Dread is similar to Fusion? Does she absorb abilities?

I've not bothered with anything Dread-related as the studio behind it are complete hacks IMO. Also, the Metroidvania genre has leapfrogged several times since the last Metroid game and I have a feeling these guys haven't got THE MEMO.

I could be wrong as I'm just going by the trailer I saw, but I think there's some sort of robot that tracks you down in Dread (sort of like the SA-X from Fusion) - maybe not though, who knows :tongueout:

As per the latest update, you can use Bluetooth for audio! :o

Reactions: COB
GAGGED that they could have always done this but didn't bother until now :D Never change, Nintendo.

N64 and SEGA MEGA DRIVE being added to Switch Online as part of a new membership tier :shock:

Deltarune Chapter 2, thank god - I downloaded it on PC the other day and had a weird and annoying FAFF getting it to work properly, so now I'll just play it on Switch instead :disco:

Atta girl, took you LONG ENOUGH!!

Also the game was looking A BIT ROUGH but WHO CARES.

Some other interesting ORIGINAL stuff for once announced like that CARD RPG :disco: and of course the Kirby 3D game from E3 2005 :disco:

The Actraiser stuff came out of NOWHERE and hopefully bodes well for more QUINTET stuff? ROBOTREK NEXT PLS THANK YOU.

How much is ActRaiser? I may even BUY A DIGITAL GAME for the first time since 2019!

Catching up on what I missed, and I'm far too excited for Chocobo GP :D I loved Chocobo Racing on the PS1 and this looks EXACTLY THE SAME but with modern graphics :disco:

I was hyped at "unfashionably late", that was delivered well. I thought MH expansion was B3, so expected it and yet forgot all about it and was assuming I was seeing what Monolith have been up to. Shame no song to wash it all down with. Looked hella good and a decent stiletto firing step up from B2's visual splendour.

Banjo is also an excitement much as the even less far fetched pipe dream of Diddy Kong Racing seems far from unlikely now.

Splatoon 3, the sequel I'm still not ready for does look very cool.

And my heart just melted at the pace-drop for Animal Crossing. I wasn't around for this Caf faff, I just want more items to decorate my 5 frames per second island with already.

Lol yes after all this my big takeaway was OMG Brewster’s Cafe

Here for Actraiser though (but might need to check the price after that last post :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom