Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
I’M ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN MUD RIGHT NOW, BUT ONCE I’M HOME, I’M GOING TO FIRE IT UP AND SEE IF I CAN GET PAST THE BIT I’M STUCK ON ON THE FIRST LEVEL

I caved and purchased HADES this weekend having read really positive things about it (plus I'm a sucker for Greek mythology).
I've never really played a Rogue-like/lite game before, but I'm really enjoying it! The RPG elements definitely help, at the moment it feels like a FIGHT TO STAY ALIVE LONG ENOUGH to obtain enough of the various currencies to permanently power me up back in Hades' lair.

It's quite fun to think that your FIRST EVER ATTEMPT will pretty much always be your hardest one :D It's quite novel to play a game where it pays to fail, and the random dungeons stop it from being tedious.

Reactions: COB
Gosh, did Princess Peach have her lips did for Sunshine?

I can't believe I lost the cartridge, so just went and bought it again along with Three Houses using the "vouchers". I'll regret this when they go on a real sale.

WHAT GAMES DO YOU RECOMMEND APART FROM SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY?
garfield-kart-furious-racing-cover.cover_300x.jpg

Reactions: GNL
OH WOW! IS IT AS GOOD AS MARIO KART?

I’VE HEARD THAT MARIO KART ON THE SWITCH IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS MARIO KART ON THE WII U SO I’VE BEEN LOATHE TO INVEST.
BETTER :eyes:

(Crash Team Racing however is genuinely excellent and I prefer it to Mario kart)

Reactions: GNL
NINTENDOLIFE ONLY GAVE THAT GARFIELD GAME ONE STAR. ARE YOU SURE?

ANY FURTHER RECOMMENDATIONS?

I TEND TO LIKE CUTESY GAMES RATHER THAN ONES WITH BLOOD AND VIOLENCE.

THAT GARFIELD GAME LOOKS QUITE GOOD ACCORDING TO AMAZON SO I THINK I’LL GET THAT.

You might like Animal Crossing! It's very cute and you just spend your time weeding the garden and doing up your house etc :disco:

The Garfield game is apparently quite bad (ZG was doing a meme by posting it, the stinker that he is :tongueout:)

Reactions: dUb
Yoshi’s Wooly World <3
Luigi’s Mansion 3
The Link’s Awakening remake

But please just start with Breath of the Wild.

I’ve just started The Last Campfire which is great. It’s relatively cheap and very cute, puzzle-based.

I know it’s the best game ever omg but I never got into Breath of the Wild. Who cares that you can make your own recipes and run around anywhere you want and your weapons keep breaking, I just want a game where it’s clear what you need to do to get to the next level

Oh and if you like puzzles, Agent A is amazing

I’ve just started The Last Campfire which is great. It’s relatively cheap and very cute, puzzle-based.

I know it’s the best game ever omg but I never got into Breath of the Wild. Who cares that you can make your own recipes and run around anywhere you want and your weapons keep breaking, I just want a game where it’s clear what you need to do to get to the next level
YES I DO LIKE LEVELS. I NEED TO KNOW I AM PROGRESSING. I CAN’T DO OPEN ENDED EXPLORING.

Reactions: dUb
WAIT! IS THERE A MARIO & RABBIDS GAME? OR DO YOU MEAN A MARIO GAME AND RABBIDS GAME?

If the switch is your only console, Spyro and Crash remakes of the PS1 games are great!

Reactions: COB
It's a turn-based strategy game, so a bit of a departure from the usual Mario fare :o

It's called Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, it's a crossover game - I really enjoyed it!
I LOVE MARIO AND I LOVE RABBIDS SO THAT SOUNDS PERFECT!

WHAT WAS THE FIRST RABBIDS GAME ON THE WII? I LOVED THAT. I LIKE GAMES WITH LOTS OF MINI GAMES.

WHATS THE BEST RACING GAME? IS IT GARFIELD OR IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER OUT THERE?

I don't particularly like the Rabbids on their own but crossed over with the Mario universe they are quite fun, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach in particular. The game is also generally well-written and clearly made with a lot of love and care. The non-battle sections are a bit TIRING towards the end but overall it is QUITE FUN and never particularly difficult.

I don't particularly like the Rabbids on their own but crossed over with the Mario universe they are quite fun, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach in particular. The game is also generally well-written and clearly made with a lot of love and care. The non-battle sections are a bit TIRING towards the end but overall it is QUITE FUN and never particularly difficult.
IS IT MORE OR LESS DIFFICULT THAN SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY?

WHATS THE BEST RACING GAME? IS IT GARFIELD OR IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER OUT THERE?

Depends what kind of racing game you want? If you want something akin to Gran Turismo or Dirt Rally... you're not going to find it on a Switch, everything is nerfed compared to games on the PS4. There's WRC and Need for Speed games, but I have no idea if they're any good, they certainly don't look half as good as the PS4 versions.

If you like arcade racing games (like Outrun or Ridge Racer) where it's more about the THRILL of SPEED than being particularly ADEPT at CHANGING GEARS, I recommend Horizon Chase Turbo which is a spiritual successor to Top Gear on the SNES. Also, Hotshot Racing, Initial Drift and the Burnout compilation if you've never played those.

IS IT MORE OR LESS DIFFICULT THAN SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY?

I'd say about the same, if you want to 100% it the game is really hard, there are challenge missions that are very difficult, but the overall story mode is never too challenging, only a couple of difficulty spikes (and you can always enable easy mode and give you 100% more health for one mission in particular without any penalty).

I'd say about the same, if you want to 100% it the game is really hard, there are challenge missions that are very difficult, but the overall story mode is never too challenging, only a couple of difficulty spikes (and you can always enable easy mode and give you 100% more health for one mission in particular without any penalty).
THAT’S GOOD, BECAUSE I FIND SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY DIFFICULT BUT NOT SO HARD THAT IT FRUSTRATES ME TOO MUCH TO PLAY IT

Depends what kind of racing game you want? If you want something akin to Gran Turismo or Dirt Rally... you're not going to find it on a Switch, everything is nerfed compared to games on the PS4. There's WRC and Need for Speed games, but I have no idea if they're any good, they certainly don't look half as good as the PS4 versions.

If you like arcade racing games (like Outrun or Ridge Racer) where it's more about the THRILL of SPEED than being particularly ADEPT at CHANGING GEARS, I recommend Horizon Chase Turbo which is a spiritual successor to Top Gear on the SNES. Also, Hotshot Racing, Initial Drift and the Burnout compilation if you've never played those.
I LIKE CUTE CARTOONISH DRIVING GAMES LIKE MARIO KART, BUT I ALREADY HAVE MARIO KART 8 ON THE WII U SO IT SEEMS POINTLESS BUYING IT ON THE SWITCH TOO

I LIKE CUTE CARTOONISH DRIVING GAMES LIKE MARIO KART, BUT I ALREADY HAVE MARIO KART 8 ON THE WII U SO IT SEEMS POINTLESS BUYING IT ON THE SWITCH TOO

Team Sonic Racing? I've not played it, but I've played the other two and they're great fun (but not better than Mario Kart IMO).

I bought Garfield and didn't think it was bad, just noticeably harder to control.

I didn't play much of Sonic Team Racing. I loved Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed so much, it was like an eerie Sega graveyard of dormant IPs. This just being Sonic, and with the gimmick (which should have just been an optional separate mode), it lacked the luster of the predecessor.

You might also enjoy the old Star Wars Racer - it's a lot easier to pick up than Garf.

Also, Horizon Chase Turbo - this is so easy to play and is a real retro treat for the eyes. I really recommend it, especially when it goes on sale (and I think it currently is).

I just completed Bayonetta 2. It was pretty but... a bit easy. I'm not convinced you need any skill other than to be able to randomly bash buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom