Nintendo Switch stuff

Will U?

• Total voters
I only collect for Wii U, the mega drive purchase was intended to actually play, but I got bored waiting on the Aladdin bundle going for cheap and in good condition (the box is a stunner).

I own Soleil too, it's a great little game, nothing challenging but as Action RPGs for the Mega Drive go it is near top drawer.

@Diddy you are thinking of Story of Thor (Beyond Oasis in Japan) which is also great but in my opinion less charming than Soleil.

Congratulation$$$ if you own a full CIB copy of any of those by the way!

Funnily enough they just reviewed Soleil in the Gamesmaster Podcast I’m tolerating.

He kept calling it “Soleel” :sour:

Considering how nitpicky they are about everyone else

Funnily enough they just reviewed Soleil in the Gamesmaster Podcast I’m tolerating.

He kept calling it “Soleel” :sour:

Considering how nitpicky they are about everyone else
What podcast is this? I'm always looking for gaming podcasts but there's only so much American I can tolerate (presume this is a British podcast as Soleil was called something else in the US and Japan?)

I don't know what it's called but Diddy has previously mentioned a podcast that reviews all the episodes of GamesMaster - it sounded like a bit of a nightmare though, the podcast episodes were creeping up to the two hour mark (to review a TV episode that would've been half an hour including ads) and now they're apparently doing their own game reviews TOO? It sounds exhausting and I've never even listened :D

Last edited:
What podcast is this? I'm always looking for gaming podcasts but there's only so much American I can tolerate (presume this is a British podcast as Soleil was called something else in the US and Japan?)

Have you tried the IGN U.K. one? It sometimes errs into more general entertainment areas but the guys are good fun and it’s an easy, well edited listen.

I've not visited IGN since 1999, I don't think we're quite the match as I get the same feeling I get when I walk into Urban Outfitters: I don't want to buy a LIFESTYLE, just SELL ME SOME CLOTHES. But I will investigate, thank you :)

I don't know what it's called but Diddy has previously mentioned a podcast that reviews all the episodes of GamesMaster - it sounded like a bit of a nightmare though, the podcast episodes were creeping up to the two hour mark (to review a TV episode that would've been half an hour including ads) and now they're apparently doing their own game reviews TOO? It sounds exhausting and I've never even listened :D

It’s called Under Consoletation (:bruised:) and yeah it’s two CIS white men but they seem to be fairly - I won’t say woke but you know - even if they are quite condescending.

The actual episode recaps are fairly dispensable , I mean who needs that especially, but it’s mostly used as a jumping off point for discussion about releases of the time, and time consuming tangents into No.1 films and music at the same time.

Oddly in the last month or so it’s got down to 80 minutes or so, but yeah it’s well researched - which is why I stay - and bloated with dissections of things that are either totally pointless or condescending hot takes criticising things they don’t have any experience of.

It does get up my nose when they scoff start things like someone saying Virtua Fighters instead of Virtua Fighter, when they are equally prone to those sort of mistakes. (Talking about Pato “Benton” for several episodes for example)

So yeah, you might like it, there’s a decent amount of good stuff, with a load of pointless toot. I’ve started listening on 1.5x speed

Oh the worst.

IGN-wise, I'm glad they have replaced the one who looks like Bayonetta on NVC. Not the host, but I really like Kate Bailey who I first knew of from Good Vibes Gaming (not a show I've kept up with as it needs to be a tighter format if doing daily hour+ shows and the small talk at the start is just as unbearable as finding yourself having to do it in real life). I dislike around half of the IGN staff who think fast excitement is fuel for saying something interesting. I like Lucy O'Brien (also the name of a music journalist - She Bop, Q Magazine), but she's mostly on the Playstation one. The XBox host is good, but I can't bear the woman who is on it regularly, although I do enjoy the bored look on the handsome guy who is usually on it too.

I feel like if the right voices did a show that was strict about going 1 hour only and jumping straight into things that there is indeed room in a very crowded market.

And speaking of GM, I'm actually a little stunned Mr Diamond hasn't brought it back online. It's still great to watch on youtube and frankly it would be a breath of fresh air.

Fuck knows what I was going to say about Switch now.

I was quite excited about the N64 games, but it looks like they've messed it up :( People are complaining about input lag, weird controller mapping that can't be changed, and some games look strange thanks to stuff like texture filtering. Here's the Dark Link room from Ocarina of Time, as an example:

Oh yes, the fog. Just put your feet down... NERD :eyes: (oh lord at that one)

Anyway, predictably I've just spent 80 minutes playing Dr. Mario 64.

I've also spent so much time on my 2nd Animal Crossing island, trying to prepare it for the almost unknown of 2.0. Needless to say, I went back to my first island on my other Switch and it was a horror show of pop-in and a slide show frame rate.

And one more also: I'm also not sure the expansion pass was worth it, unless Dr. Mario 64 becomes what Dr. Luigi on the Wii U was to me - that one I think I amassed around 80-100 hours and that game was a drag n' drop itself nevermind the blocks.

Oh yes, the fog. Just put your feet down... NERD :eyes: (oh lord at that one)

Anyway, predictably I've just spent 80 minutes playing Dr. Mario 64.

I've also spent so much time on my 2nd Animal Crossing island, trying to prepare it for the almost unknown of 2.0. Needless to say, I went back to my first island on my other Switch and it was a horror show of pop-in and a slide show frame rate.

And one more also: I'm also not sure the expansion pass was worth it, unless Dr. Mario 64 becomes what Dr. Luigi on the Wii U was to me - that one I think I amassed around 80-100 hours and that game was a drag n' drop itself nevermind the blocks.

I switched on my old 3DS AC island yesterday. What a basic bitch I was. I mean I guess you couldn’t do that much outside beside public works but what a load of boring shit it was. Flowers EVERYWHERE too

I switched on my old 3DS AC island yesterday. What a basic bitch I was. I mean I guess you couldn’t do that much outside beside public works but what a load of boring shit it was. Flowers EVERYWHERE too

At some point I think I'd like to play New Leaf, but do worry it would feel too primitive at this point. However, I do own City Folk and the GameCube ones so maybe that would be an idea first :D

I'm also trying to keep an eye out for a Wii U that has the Animal Crossing Plaza app downloaded - damn my not getting one until 2015 (which was admittedly the very best year to do so in my opinion).

At some point I think I'd like to play New Leaf, but do worry it would feel too primitive at this point. However, I do own City Folk and the GameCube ones so maybe that would be an idea first :D

I'm also trying to keep an eye out for a Wii U that has the Animal Crossing Plaza app downloaded - damn my not getting one until 2015 (which was admittedly the very best year to do so in my opinion).

I’m not sure there’s any reason to go back now, unless it’s the GameCube one, it seems like the dialogue on that is pretty wild :D

I expected at least 2 and for Banjo to have been 1 of them.

I'm not emulation geek, but when playing the DK track in MK64 I couldn't get over the horrible non-blurred pixels for the trees, etc. It was distractingly ugly. I'll need to see if this is a setting I can adjust, but I was aghast.

Banjo coming to NSO in January. WHEN in January? They are beyond ridiculous. I'd rather they just drop these drips without the now 2-4 week wait.

Apparently last week was the Switch's biggest selling UK week only to be topped (:eyes:) by its sales again this week.

I'm a bit Animal Crossing'd out (I demolished my first island and felt like I was making exactly the same 2.0 island as everyone else so got burned out), so back to flipping between Splatoon 2 and Tetris 99.

I guess Mario + Rabbids 2 is most anticipated games as I still don't see the point of Splatoon 3 at all (especially when they could just drop feed out the Splatfest stages in daylight form' which could take about a year to get through), but I digress.

Paper Mario 64 question: can you change party members outside of a battle? I'm a tad frustrated ar the first fortress. Otherwise it's ultra (64) adorable.

I'd normally be first to moan at what basically is Kirby 3D World 10 years after Mario did it already...

but it's Kirby :disco: in 3D :disco: :disco: :disco:

Playing Banjo in small chunks. I'm about 2 hours into it and only on Treasure Trove Grove. Completely forgot about the shark. I definitely see the points where they didn't stop themselves on Tooie, but thankfully the areas are still relatively confined when it wants you to go back and find things. I don't know if the "emulation issues" are paying off here as seeing some of these textures more clearly and more exposed is actually making me appreciate the visuals in some places: before entering TTG I was at the cannot using the first person viewpoint and it was almost a bit like scanning a Yoshi level, I loved it. Anyway, did I mention the shark? That's all I wanted to say.

PS give us a release date for Silksong or I'm putting my head in the oven

I wouldn't have expected that to be aired again until the e3 Direct anyway, but that's quite a blow if true. I have only read what everyone here will have too I'm guessing, but Rabbids 2 is the one I heard most likely to miss the 2022 target.

I did see a rumour that the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters might be announced for Switch in this (as a bundle with all six games), which I would obviously have to purchase immediately like the trash I am.

I just remembered that Metal Slug Tactics game, that would be a nice one to know more about (and feels like the sort of thing that could be shadow-dropped) :o

I just remembered that Metal Slug Tactics game, that would be a nice one to know more about (and feels like the sort of thing that could be shadow-dropped) :o
Dotemu! One of my favourite current developers :disco: They understand what makes classic games tick and they REMIX them and FACE-LIFT them for the current generations.

• Love
Reactions: COB
I did see a rumour that the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters might be announced for Switch in this (as a bundle with all six games), which I would obviously have to purchase immediately like the trash I am.

I WANT TO GO TO THERE

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom