Ninth console generation (Xbox Series X and Playstation 5)

When the PS5 was announced there was a game where you controlled a CAT up and down alleyways. Where has that gone?!

I appreciate I'm not the TARGET AUDIENCE for any of these fight fight shoot shoot games but you'd think they would want to mix it up a bit and try to reach beyond the AMERICAN TEENAGE BOY DEMOGRAPHIC.

And no, one Mario Odyssey + Breath of the Wild indie clone is not enough.

Saying that, I would probably buy that Ghostwire Tokyo game because it looks BONKERS. And NOT IN A GOOD WAY :D

There wasn't much there for me sadly :( I was already interested in Forspoken but the bits of dialogue in the new trailer actually put me off a bit, it was very quippy and annoying :( I'm sure the Spider-Man sequel will be great, and Insomniac's Wolverine game will definitely be worth a look. God of War looked like more of the same, and I gave up on the previous one so... oh well. I did like the look of that Hawaiian-style Breath of the Wild thing where you can pet crabs on the beach 🦀

The KOTOR remake will be fun, especially if they properly modernise it, but it was really missing a good proper platformer.

Where is Ape Escape 4 please?

Apparently that was Tony Todd voicing Venom in the Spidey trailer :shock: Want it now please now immediately

The Alan Wake remake looks fun after Control. A Wolverine game would be nice but I found Spider-Man to be a flat experience.

I’m always down for more God of War, loved the first one.

Mm yeah it does feel like they’re running out of ideas now, that’s why I still don’t have a PS5 (or 4)…

*waits for latest Mario WiiU flop to be rereleased on switch :)*

Here for God of War but also a bit gutted it doesn’t look next gen and it doesn’t look look much different. Although I’m hoping it’ll be like RE4 where the previews made it look like it was entirely based in 3rd world Europe. And then we got The Island :disco:

Taking Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, God of War and GT7 out of the equation (which we safely can for a few years), most of the games just felt like dreary emo variations on the same concept. I found the whole thing terribly disappointing.

The only thing that stood out as being different was Tchia. I can't even say it looked good, but it was just nice to see something with a bit of colour and imagination.

State of Play next Wednesday night:

Around twenty minutes, mostly focusing on third party stuff and already announced games. Crossing everything for more FFXVI news :eyes:

...And that was about it for things I'm interested in :tongueout: Little Devil Inside looks cute too.

NAR:
200w.gif

Oh me too. There is nothing coming out in the near future to satisfy my requirements of the game needing to be realistic and "could happen in real life" and totally devoid of any imagination type-genre. Although I only bought my PS5 to play F1 :david: and Im still stuck on the first level of Hitman III after 3 months so I don't suppose Im many game developers target.

I know they’re not producing enough but this has been the most underwhelming launch so far. The previous gen still works just fine.

I do like how snappy it is but other than that, I could have stuck with the PS4 so far. Ratchet & Clank is the only exclusive I've got and it's a bland old rehash of the previous games. The much vaunted portal shifts are really underwhelming. Still, it is nice to be playing the PS4 stuff at a higher frame rate. It never bothered me any before, but going back to Valhalla on the PS4 yesterday showed what a difference it makes.

Oh me too. There is nothing coming out in the near future to satisfy my requirements of the game needing to be realistic and "could happen in real life" and totally devoid of any imagination type-genre. Although I only bought my PS5 to play F1 :david: and Im still stuck on the first level of Hitman III after 3 months so I don't suppose Im many game developers target.
I've been getting into Hitman 3 recently. The second level is excellent, and the only one I've replayed so far. The others I'm having a little harder time getting to grips with but I'll get there, and I have all the 1+2 levels available too, which I'm definitely going to go back to

I'll echo the non-sensational PS5 sentiments, it's definitely not the same feeling as when I got the PS4. the vv quick load times do make up for some of it though. I feel even more bereft now that Dying Light 2 has been postponed

I haven't played much newer Hitman but the Budapest spa hotel level back in Hitman: Codename 47 was on heavy replay :disco:

It's a shame it seems like it'll be tied to a subscription service, but I think this is good news purely because I believe every platform should have some sort of backwards compatible/legacy content available (and there was absolutely no reason Sony couldn't have continued their PlayStation Classics thing beyond the PS3/Vita).

Mentioned in the article (but not the tweet) is that the selection of older titles might include PS3 games. I wonder if those would be downloadable, or purely available via streaming like the ones currently on PS Now - PS3 games being a notorious pain in the arse to emulate properly, I wonder if Sony would even be able to get them running well on a PS4 :o

This subscription malarkey is the future of games isn't it? OH WELL

*turns on PSX*

For a taste of what the next generation should look like once developers have properly got to grips with it, I highly recommend the free Matrix Awakens tech demo (available on both PS5 and XSX) - it's been created using Unreal Engine 5, and is quite a stunning achievement. There's an initial gamey part (basically a recreation of the motorway chase scene from Matrix Reloaded), but then it lets you freely explore an entire city where many of the elements have been procedurely generated and it's pretty incredible.

PlayStation VR2 and VR2 Sense controllers officially announced:

The specs put it up there with the most advanced PC VR headsets, and in some areas it surpasses them (haptic feedback in the headset is something I don't think other brands have yet).

No image of the headset yet, but here are the Sense controllers:
51049009217_4b5ff60333_h.jpg

There's also a Horizon VR game coming for it:

I'm glad they're still focusing on VR, imagine the next Astro Bot game on this :disco: I do hope that the current PSVR games will be compatible with the new headset too.

I have yet to try VR. I'd love to try it for No Man's Sky. the Horizon VR game looks incredible too

I read a rumour article about a PS1/PS2 RPG getting a huge PS5 remake :o

COME THROUGH SUIKODEN II

I read a rumour article about a PS1/PS2 RPG getting a huge PS5 remake :o

COME THROUGH SUIKODEN II
I think Chrono Cross is getting remastered (not sure about a remake). Bit of a random choice but it's a good game at least!

I really do hope it's true, the rumours were really swirling about it about a month ago but then died down a bit. It's one of those games that could really benefit from the AI upscaled backgrounds that Square have FINALLY started using in their remasters. There was also a rumour that some sort of reworked version of Radical Dreamers (the game not the song) would be included as well, which would be :disco:

Although speaking of music, the reason the rumour got started in the first place is because an Irish singer (who generally records music in Gaelic) gave an interview where she mentioned working on a 'Playstation remake' - CC obviously has very heavy Irish influences in the music. The prospect of there being at least one new vocal song is very exciting!

PS Now possibly DEAD soon?

This will probably end up coinciding with a State of Play presentation or some other announcement about what they're planning on replacing it with. There were rumours a while back that it's being folded into PS Plus, but we'll see :o

I played that AstroBot thing on the PS5 at my mates. What an absolute delight. Is there chat of it it becoming a fuller game?

It was soooo Nintendo and I loved it.

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom