Nomadland

Not homeless, just house-less

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Third Oscar for Frances McDormand? In a fairly flat year I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Despite the slow pace, I did find this very powerful and engaging. The mix of professional actors and real people worked surprisingly well. It did feel like it had about five false endings before it finally wrapped up though.

I utterly adored the unfortunately not original (and therefore not eligible for awards) score by Ludovico Einaudi.

Really enjoyed this, so understated and lovely. The book is also a really powerful read, and it was fun to see that all the real nomads in this film are actually the same ones in the book!

I recommend the director's previous film too - The Rider, which again uses real people and their stories.

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Parts of it made me a bit sad but it wasn't as bleak as I was expecting. I loved Frances and it was cool how they used the real people. It also made me want to visit some of the places it was filmed, especially the sand dunes.

I'm going to check out The Rider.

I wasn’t blown away by Nomadland. It was a solid piece of work by the director, but nothing amazing.

Same can be said about Frances. Amazing ability to play an ‘everywoman’, but nothing outstanding in this one (for me). I appreciate that is a gift to embody these characters so easily though.

I so want this poster!

I can understand why this movie feels understated.
1475888.jpg

I thought this was gorgeous and tender and very effective. The score is beautiful, every shot is extremely well composed.

Totally deserving of all the awards it’s getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom