Norway 2019: Keiino - Spirit In The Sky

Penelope

I šta ćemo sad?
Pronouns
Any
Songs are up and Norway are NOT fucking about this year :o Spirit In The Sky and Chris Medina are FANTASTIC

https://www.nrk.no/mgp/her-er-artistene-i-mgp-2019-1.14378791#Carina Dahl

Between Spirit In The Sky's take on Eric Saade - It's Gonna Rain and Jon-Henrik Fjällgren getting tag-teamed below decks by every single member of Higher Ground while Saara - Monsters watches on as the SHIP BROTHEL MADAME, and We Try's holy mission to give Scissor Sisters - Only The Horses its long overdue outing as a Eurovision entry I really SIMPLY CAN'T CHOOSE

it HAS to be Spirit in the Sky, it's the stand out by a MILE. I wanted to play it as soon as it had finished. :disco:

I guess the top 4 will be Morland, Keiino, Chris Medina and probably the violin girl.

I love Chris Medina’s fabulously awkward back story.

He’s American. Went viral when he auditioned for American Idol with a song dedicated to his fiance who suffered serious brain damage in a car accident just months previously.

Got a hit single out of it, the internet dubbed him the perfect boyfriend etc. I actually remember it well.

Turns out after it all died down he dumped the disabled fiance and ran off to Norway with a hot able-bodied Blonde :D

images

url

Last edited:
Can someone confirm that KEiiNO can all sing live, please? God knows we don’t want this to be another SIMONE SCENARIO (I know she was Danish but STILL) or @Penelope and I will be straight back on the H OR WORSE!

Alexandra can, she did that amazing You Got Me with Stella Mwangi last year. Tom has done MGP before and was fine. The other guy no idea but he doesn’t matter so much.

Reactions: Zu
I must be hearing something completely different to you lot. 'Spirit in the Sky' is an absolute load of SHITE.

Spirit in the Sky is my first iTunes purchase in at least a year.

I must be hearing something completely different to you lot. 'Spirit in the Sky' is an absolute load of SHITE.
It is sad but not unexpected that our paths have parted ways at the reveal of the first ludicrous gaytastic auditionee for the role of. 27th place this year. Nevertheless, I look forward to rejoining you on the stanwagon in March, when some B-tier Eurovision nation ignores all historical advice and invariably stakes its hopes and dreams for 2019 on a big-titted blonde yelling incoherently over an instrumental stolen from a CD marked 'funky's Seduction Mix (90S DISC)' :disco:

I don't like "Spirit in the Sky" but it HAS inspired me to dig out Rednex's "The Spirit of the Hawk".:disco:

I listened to Spirit in the Sky ONCE, and I couldn't get it out of my head for the rest of the day. It's weird that I'm rooting for Norway to do well, given that just a year ago I was wishing for them all to get Leptospirosis as penance for condoning Alexander Rybak.

First time I heard it I wasn’t that impressed. The second time I used headphones and I had to buy it afterwards. Can it win in Norway?

I'll be off to the poxy Sanremo thread now.

*slits wrists to Che sia benedetta*

Spirit In The Sky is a complete joy. I don't want to get too attached (much as I want to be dancing with the fairies now) lest this go the way of poor old Laika.

Spirit in the Sky combines ethnopop and summer disco in the most Scandinavian way possible. It's pretty good for what it intends to be.

Never was I counting on two Nordic countries sending ethnic entries in the same year

It’s not very good is it. But it can only get better.

Running Order:
Melodi 1: Chris Medina – «We Try»
Melodi 2: D’Sound – «Mr. Unicorn»
Melodi 3: Mørland – «En livredd mann»
Melodi 4: Anna-Lisa Kumoji – «Holla»
Melodi 5: Erlend Bratland – «Sing for You»
Melodi 6: Ingrid Berg Mehus – «Feel»
Melodi 7: Hank von Hell – «Fake it»
Melodi 8: Carina Dahl – «Hold Me Down»
Melodi 9: Adrian Jørgensen – «The Bubble»
Melodi 10: Keiino – «Spirit in the Sky»

They're really pushing for that joik song than. :disco: I would say it's Keiino's to lose. They need to work on their live performance though. Like a lot. :D

Adrian Jørgensen from that draw is their biggest competition. A Norwegian friend says he apparently been doing well on Norway Spotify and it's the type of male pop that tends to do well in Norway National Finals, via teen votes.

Carina Dahl I think could make the Super-Final with that draw but she has no chance of winning. :(

Chris Medina and Mørland being so early in the show. :D I wouldn't be surprised if one of them misses out of the super-final.

Adrian Jørgensen from that draw is their biggest competition. A Norwegian friend says he apparently been doing well on Norway Spotify and it's the type of male pop that tends to do well in Norway National Finals, via teen votes.

Well Keiino's entry currently has double his total Spotify streams so...

The chorus of Spirit In The Sky couldn't sound more Saara Alto 'Monsters'... and look how that did. I don't dislike it, but can't see it doing that well at Eurovision - only with the gays.

The chorus of Spirit In The Sky couldn't sound more Saara Alto 'Monsters'... and look how that did. I don't dislike it, but can't see it doing that well at Eurovision - only with the gays.

Oh it’s totally fan appeal only.

That’s kinda the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom