Norway 2019: Keiino - Spirit In The Sky

How am I just hearing Spirit In the Sky now?

It takes me to the :disco: stratosphere and back in 3 minutes

Polish that MPG performance and we'll go to Norway in 2020. :disco:

I love the song but I think it has a bigger chance of failing to qualify than winning the final.

No Chris Medina or Mørland. Really surprising I think. No boring ballads left.

Adrian would probably the safest choice but I really hope Norway won’t care about a good result in Tel Aviv tonight.

They really need to move the Joiker to a ... less prominent spot though. Sigh.

I thought for one horrible second that Spirit in the Sky would become another casualty of Europe's fierce determination to make sure anything vaguely interesting dies at the national final. Thank Christ common sense prevailed.

Spirit in the Sky has so much potential to do well, but it's the kind of performance that's made or broken by the live vocals

It was better than the clip a couple of weeks ago, but there's still something really amateur about the performance, I think. And since cwej pointed it out, I can't help singing Monsters over the chorus.

God the joiker guy really is a bit distracting isn't he?

And his vocals are the worst bit about the song live

HURRAH for Spirit in the Sky though

They should fire baldie and get Jon Henrik Fjällgren to do a more visually appealing version of the joiking.

I totally think this is a potential big fan favourite flop a la Verona, but I'm just happy it's in the mix really.

This is very Eurovision-y alright, but apart from that I don’t see what you’re all excited about.

It was the juries that killed Verona stone dead wasn't it?

I can see this having similar issues

I am furious this isn't the actual "Spirit In The Sky" as per the number one by Norman Greenbaum, Doctor And The Medics and Gareth Gates with The Kumars.

I put money on this to win when I first heard it :oi:

I put money on this to win when I first heard it :oi:

Oh you DIDN’T. How much? No Grand Prix celebration Taytos for you :(

I’m still furious about that hungover £50 thrown at fucking Malta in 2014, as almost certainly mentioned before. MALTA! And after poor @Diddy was nearly trampled to death by a donkey during his lovely holiday there. (It could have been Chiara on her way to the cake shop but my memory’s not what it was.) Also, I could have bought a few sexy new bras with that :(

For shame

Malta 2014 was that Coming Home song? I could imagine that looking like a competitor

Indeed it was, thank you very much for reminding me :tongueout:

I remember screeching, SOUNDS LIKE MUMFORD AND SONS! EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT!

Shall we get back on topic and predict where this sizzling hot Scandi entry will come in the semi? Go on @OutSynk. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :disco:

Tom looks RIDICULOUS with those ears. It's nice though that a middle aged gay is feeling his oats. Fred just looks uncomfortable the whole video. He has no star quality.

Alexandra really is the star of this band. I wish she'd gone last year with Stella instead.

Well it’s taken me some time to calm down after seeing that sizzling video. OMG SO HOT

I’m calling WINNER :disco:

Is the lovely @dUb ever going to reveal how much he rashly flushed down the toilet at the Paddy Power?

Reactions: dUb
25 quid I think

I just heard it and thought WINNER :bruised:

mea culpa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom