Norway 2019: Keiino - Spirit In The Sky

It's one of those songs that is VERY instant and at first but it probably doesn't hold up to multiple listens as much as a lot of other songs. But that might work in its favour for Eurovision. I think it could end up, ironically, doing a Monsters, results wise.

I want it to qualify, but finish no higher than about 22nd in the final, please.

Are the fans even taking about this anymore? :(

I really hope this qualifies.

I love it but braced for the worst

Don’t really like the joik though, I feel like people will take the piss out of it

LOL @ this being #7 in the odds.
I dunno, they totally sold the shit out of it in the semis and it's about the only one of the genre this evening. I can't see it being 7th, but it won't flop too hard either.

I have taken quite a shine to the lead singer, so I had an online stalk. He's made some bad hair choices and boyfriend wise he could do better.

I think this will do fine on the televote, the staging is MUCH better than the mess Saara was last year :D

Making the woman the focus and keeping the joiker to a minimum was a wonderful choice.

I honestly don’t think it matters where this winds up now. The important thing is that it’s there.

Poor Saara Aalto, the only thing she didn't add to her performance last year was a bit of joiking

They really should put the jury final on the youtube channel

Mind, this won its televote in the second SF as well and the juries had it outside the Top 10 then.

So I'm not sure a great jury rehearsal for the finals would've changed its fate by all that much. Massive split was already there (170 points televote, 40 points jury).

Oh I totally agree, all the more reason to let them perform again as they were likely going to bomb with the juries anyway.

So did they ACTUALLY WIN? So confused by all results, but this topping televote Euorope-wide (?) is fabulous :disco:

Why are the results so confusing this year, did Netherlands EVEN WIN
Yes, Norway won the televote, and finished 5th overall.

I watched this live. It wasn’t that bad. They didn’t do that great in the semi either. It just wasn’t a jury song.

That was IT? I mean yeah it would’ve looked a bit crap if it had actually been broadcast, but it wasn’t. She looked great too, without the choreographed smiling

I get why they were pissed off, the perf was very put together and the fuckup cracks the facade a little, but meh. I doubt that cost them a hundred jury points

It was definitely just a song the juries hated either way - they didn't even think they should've QUALIFIED

New single:

It's alright. The chorus isn't really hitting the mark for me though and god knows, they have enough goes at it. Fred's joiking is REALLY shoehorned in too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom