Norway 2021: TIX - Fallen Angel

I used to like you dUb, what happened?
tenor.gif

I'm devastated, but not as much as I would be if TIX had won by ~5,000 votes or so, the fact it wasn't even close is something at least.

That said, I don't believe they've thrown away a potential winner at all. Yes I expect KEiiNO would've done better than TIX is going to do, but I think they'd have done a bit better with the juries and a bit worse with the televote compared to 2019 and it could've balanced out to a similar result. I think TIX could be a borderline qualifier but he's the only male vocal in the 2nd half of the first semi so that could work in his favour - I wouldn't write him off when we've only heard four other songs.

Reactions: dUb
The only consolation I take from this is, like @Jacques said, that as incredible as it would have been to have Monument on the night, there's no way they would have done as well as 2019. It wouldn't have won, maybe low top 5 at best.

However saying Norway are throwing them away for a non-qualifier is clearly ridiculous :D Tix is sailing through and probably top 10 on the night, too.

Luckily, Norway's trial after this weekend will result in it being removed from the planet, so he won't make it anyway

He’s currently #1 and #2 on Spotify Norway (with the English and Norwegian versions).

So yeah, clearly this was only ever going to go one way.

Icebreaker, That's How You Write a Song, now this. What a triumvirate of absolute shite. I used to defend Norway but they've thrice burned me so I want nothing more to do with them.

Icebreaker, That's How You Write a Song, now this. What a triumvirate of absolute shite. I used to defend Norway but they've thrice burned me so I want nothing more to do with them.

Luckily the prosecution will remove them from the continent before sinking them if the trial pans out this year. Definitely attending

I've been to Oslo for a few days, very clean and lovely, but the endless museums got too much and a prostitute trying to pick up my other half when I clearly looked better was the final straw. I'm done and won't look back when it sinks

To be fair, they have amazing songs in the final year after year, and even if they end up sending some appalling entries, I would die to have anything remotely close to that in my country, their worst song would be better than anything we send, and that includes Fallen Angel, yes.

To be fair, they have amazing songs in the final year after year, and even if they end up sending some appalling entries, I would die to have anything remotely close to that in my country, their worst song would be better than anything we send, and that includes Fallen Angel, yes.
You've had Amanacer, La Venda and Quedate Conmigo in the last decade :D

Norway actually does have some smashers in every national final, even if they sometimes turn out to be big giant TERFs.

The song might be OK, except for the excruciating lyrics. Obviously he's TERRIBLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom