Nu Rave

Funky

User
I just made the genre up for the sake of a thread title but I’m sure it probably already exists... anyway I’m liking yet another old skool revival (the last one was in about 2012?) this time taking on more of an acid/italo house mashup vibe:

I think this is what set it all off... one of the best dance songs of the last decade and, indeed, ever

timeless is used a lot but this track... it’s The Prodigy, Leftfield and Utah Saints and yet it’s also strictly 2020. Bloody amazing

Yeah I've been loving this, that first Prospa track is amazing. Had it on repeat for ages one hungover Saturday much to Ms Ron's unbridled joy.

Oh I know Prospa and Bicep already. I really got into these 90s influenced tracks with fresh production last summer. It was a relief to know this music is being made.

Oh I know Prospa and Bicep already. I really got into these 90s influenced tracks with fresh production last summer. It was a relief to know this music is being made.
I’d not actually heard Bicep until dance rate started. I’m definitely a convert.

I think this is what set it all off... one of the best dance songs of the last decade and, indeed, ever

timeless is used a lot but this track... it’s The Prodigy, Leftfield and Utah Saints and yet it’s also strictly 2020. Bloody amazing

Of course chérie! We already have a Bicep thread :disco:

"Take something from the past

And something from the future

And make something NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS EITHER

NOW NU-RAVE"

Can't believe you're erasing THE musical moment of 2007 like this. The Klaxons did not die in a River Island stampede for this disrespect to their legacy.

"Take something from the past

And something from the future

And make something NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS EITHER

NOW NU-RAVE"

Can't believe you're erasing THE musical moment of 2007 like this. The Klaxons did not die in a River Island stampede for this disrespect to their legacy.

Bellends such as these AGOG.

pymca_08013810.jpg

Old Nu Rave was like an indie - dance crossover wasn’t it? I think it passed me by

I was thinking more when dance music went retro in about 2012, I was there for that.

bicep passed me by too honestly, and I don’t know why. Glue was a YouTube recommendation late last year. Can’t remember being so mesmerised / emotional over such a simple video. My youth, oh my youth.

Well this was ... unexpected?

On its own Skillrex has taken rap in a refreshing, surprising new direction, mixing it with deep house and actually making it work (I mostly hate dance-rap, hello Flo Rida and Kanye, the electro years).

But the last minute of this song where Skillrex goes nu rave and FKA Twigs OWNS the track is one of my 2020 music moments so far. Lots of people screaming it should be its own song. Skillrex might have just started a new trajectory for hip-hop. (anything is better than mumble rap, right?)

Don't see why not... different sound but it's like an Italo-house remix of a Pet Shop Boys song from 1989, so...

Another Franky Wah... I LOVE this. The album's really good too

This one is a late 90s Ibiza funky house song but it goes all Dee-Lite / Betty Boo early 90s in the middle for some REASON :disco:

This genre is everything in 2020

My favourite at the moment is this - I'm all for the return of the political music video (hello "open your mind" by USURA)

Good Lord that first track Krust, is that even from this year? It's just a total throwback to the early 90s! I would never have known! Gorgeous

Paul Woolford monster that kicked off this entire throwback jungle rave revival:

That's Paul Woolford? I would never have known.

This sound SO takes me back. Listening to mixtapes in my bedroom because I was too young to go clubbing in 1990

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom