Nu Rave

That's Paul Woolford? I would never have known.

This sound SO takes me back. Listening to mixtapes in my bedroom because I was too young to go clubbing in 1990

Yeah, Special Request started out as an outlet for his jungle rave stuff, Fabric helped pressed and distribute the white labels with no fanfare, built the reputation and the Soul Music LP happened on Houndstooth. Absolutely paved the way for all the breaks revival over the last few years. Project has drifted into electro and trance recently nowadays but still as central to it all as ever. You see more Special Request than Paul Woolford stuff nowadays.

He's had a bit of a breakthrough this year with his commercial stuff so we might be seeing more of both tbh

I don’t think this is actually nu-rave but it jolly well should be. There’s a point at which it gets very exciting on headphones but I’m far too gone to name the point in question so you’ll just have to work it out for yourselves. I’M NOT YOUR MOTHER :)

I don’t think this is actually nu-rave but it jolly well should be. There’s a point at which it gets very exciting on headphones but I’m far too gone to name the point in question so you’ll just have to work it out for yourselves. I’M NOT YOUR MOTHER :)

That'll be the symphonic breakdown halfway through then! Sounds like a movie score. Reminds me of the Tocadisco sound. Thumbs up!

That'll be the symphonic breakdown halfway through then! Sounds like a movie score. Reminds me of the Tocadisco sound. Thumbs up!

It’s even more specific than that - it was at the point of hearing a particular sound at which I thought OH FUCKING WOW - but I shall come to in the morning and report back

Loving this one - it's like a cross between early 90s rave and late 90s trance

This is a bit hard for me but it really does scream 1992 underground... remember those mixtapes?

So since my mixer came I've been playing loads of this stuff, its amazing. Although I had to hand over the decks to Ms Ron last weekend after finding and consuming some MD and turning into a turning spaz. Please keep the ravey goodness coming :D

Oh fucking yes. I've properly fell out of touch with Fabric but the Bonobo one still gets some serious hammer off me. I'll whack this on now.

Oh fucking yes. I've properly fell out of touch with Fabric but the Bonobo one still gets some serious hammer off me. I'll whack this on now.

I've not enjoyed their reboot too much. It took me a LONG time to come around to the Kolsch one, and I've not really listened to one since. I feel like they lost the magic somewhat. Also, I've not been receiving promos since they relaunch - this isn't a WHO ARE THEY moment, just that they don't make it into my review stack, so I don't get around to checking them.

Can't think of the last time I got into a commercial mix.

I've not enjoyed their reboot too much. It took me a LONG time to come around to the Kolsch one, and I've not really listened to one since. I feel like they lost the magic somewhat. Also, I've not been receiving promos since they relaunch - this isn't a WHO ARE THEY moment, just that they don't make it into my review stack, so I don't get around to checking them.

Can't think of the last time I got into a commercial mix.

I stumbled across the Bonobo one which was fucking excellent, then listened to the others out at the time and thought MEH.

That Octo Octa & Eris Drew one is cracking though. It made me want to go out.

Just stumbled across this, which has that ravey old vibe, but strong techno sounds as well, the hats and kick work really well with the vocal and break.

This is chilled but gorgeous. Legend Sasha and man of the moment Franky Wah collab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom