NYC Pride Performance

How many songs do headliners usually do?

Basically take whatever that is and cut it by a third

Kylie's set according to BrooklynVegan.com :

Golden
Spinning Around
Raining Glitter
Get Outta My Way
Stop Me From Falling
Can’t Get You Out of My Head
9 to 5 (Dolly Parton cover)
On a Night Like This
Love at First Sight
Dancing
Slow (a cappella)
All the Lovers

So I guess we can expect this for Madame X:

Candy Shop
Human Nature
Like a Prayer (a capella)
Give Me All Your Luvin'
Holiday (Morna version)

I wonder how much she's being paid for this? Madame X barely gets out of bed for a million these days...

Enough to do that workshop version of "Frozen" hopefully.

There are some UGLY rumours going round that she's doing "Future" again and, er, "American Life".

Gotta hand it to her: she does TROLLING like no one else. It's almost like she WANTS gays to boo her off the stage...

I don't mind American Life coming back AT ALL, but I'm not sure this is the event for it...

why doesn't she do the ACTUAL singles? this ain't the occasion for your mini anti-tour sweaty

There's a new remix of Crave by Tracey Young she has posted - seems like she might perform that version which would be a good move, in terms of current material.

@Suedey Do you think she will EVER do a performance again where she literally pulls out all/most of the classics and just perform them in a non-ironic/non-political manner for this kind of event?

I mean, of course everyone will have a song they want her to do and she'll never please everyone - but I imagine a "Madonna does Pride" setlist would be FAIRLY consistent if you asked people to come up with one. And yet, it just feels increasingly like she won't ever have that moment...

@Suedey Do you think she will EVER do a performance again where she literally pulls out all/most of the classics and just perform them in a non-ironic/non-political manner for this kind of event?
I have always said 'never say never' when it comes to her but I can't see her doing that anytime soon. I think the fact that she is now acutely aware that she's not a big commercial name anymore and is very much a 'niche artist' in unchartered territory has been quite liberating for her. Which is great in the sense that she can experiment musically (case in point: Madame X) while maintaining some kind of commercial outlook (collaborations with Maluma & Anitta etc.) but not expecting big hits. However, the down-side of that is that she's even more of a troll when it comes to her past music. She's already said that "70%" of the setlist for the tour will be from the new album. I fully expect fado versions of "Human Nature" and "Candy Shop" for the 'oldies but goodies 30% component...
I mean, of course everyone will have a song they want her to do and she'll never please everyone - but I imagine a "Madonna does Pride" setlist would be FAIRLY consistent if you asked people to come up with one. And yet, it just feels increasingly like she won't ever have that moment...
Certainly not in 2019.

I mean I'm actually furious now that I've heard the rest of the album. She sat on stuff like "I Don't Search I Find" and "God Control" and instead performed THAT at Eurovision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom