Olivia de Havilland DEAD

Let’s hope the heavens have a good defense team

What a legend

Dreadful news of course but at least Joan can finally rest in peace.

Living for The Guardian describing her as a FRAGRANT QUEEN in their obit. :disco:

She really is wonderful as Melanie in Gone With The Wind. Great counterpoint to Scarlet. This scene is almost comedically melodramatic by today’s standards, but she - and HATTIE - certainly sell it.

I hope she went as she intended.

"I would prefer to live forever in perfect health, but if I must at some time leave this life I would like to do so ensconced on a chaise longue, perfumed, wearing a velvet robe and pearl earrings, with a flute of champagne beside me and having just discovered the answer to the last problem in a British cryptic crossword."

Astonishingly she was still working until last year. Admittedly it was a narration.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything with her in, although am ultimately very aware of her. I was sure she was in All About Eve, but I think I mistook her for Celeste Holm.

Anyway RIP you mean old bitch!

What an absolute LEGEND.

Ag - check her out in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. It was supposed to be the second Bette Davis/Joan Crawford vehicle, but Crawford elected not to do it and De Havilland did it instead.

What an absolute LEGEND.

Ag - check her out in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. It was supposed to be the second Bette Davis/Joan Crawford vehicle, but Crawford elected not to do it and De Havilland did it instead.
Yeah I've seen Feud, but never explored HER further.

That's two deaths this weekend where we've been recently chatting about someone, only for them die shortly after.

I really must get around to watching ’Lady In a Cage’. It looks QUITE ridiculous!

There's an amazing piece in the Guardian written by a British student who by chance became her temporary assistant in 2011 in Paris - she sounds truly fabulous.

I notice, too, a message from her agent mentioning a Guardian journalist who has been requesting an interview for several months. “Shall I tell her to go away?” the agent has asked.

De Havilland insists, often, on paying me far more than she owes me for the hours I’ve worked – on one occasion, double the amount. I protest that she’s being too generous. “I’m getting a message from the Lord,” she explains, in her booming voice, “telling me to pay you more.”

:disco:

RIP old bird, well done for outliving the others!

That's two deaths this weekend where we've been recently chatting about someone, only for them die shortly after.

Whats your opinion on Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, Dominic Cummings and Piers Morgan?

*fingers crossed*

Completely forgot she was gone, but I certainly posted at the time (I just read TCM break the news to me again). Awww, bless that curious woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom