On Becoming A God In Central Florida

jivafox

slouching towards bethlehem
Pronouns
he/him
OBAG_Header-v2.png

Krystal Stubbs is a minimum-wage-earning water park employee in Greater Orlando who schemes her way up the ranks of Founders American Merchandise, a cultish, flag waving, multi-billion dollar pyramid scheme that drove her family to ruin.

I am LOVING this so far. Anybody else watching?

me! i love dunst, she's great. this has started off strong if not essential viewing material but there have been flashes of brilliance and i have high hopes.

how trippy was the last episode and then those final scenes at ernie's?

So episode 4 was trippy and episode 5 was just plain bonkers. I don't think it quite knows what it is (black comedy/satire/drama), but its just been renewed for a second season. Would she really have been so quick to jump in the sack with Cody when her husband had literally just been eaten by an alligator?

Would she really have been so quick to jump in the sack with Cody when her husband had literally just been eaten by an alligator?

it does sound silly on paper but i totally bought it.

Second season cancelled due to Covid

LOVED THIS! Just keeps getting better with every episode with the right balance of silliness and tension. All the characters were amazing (loved Beth Ditto’s performance which was a nice understated counterpoint to the bigger characters). Shame there’s no second season but it wrapped up so well in the end maybe it’s best it finishes up as one perfect run of episodes.

I was pleasantly surprised at Beth Ditto cause I didn't even know she was an actress, she was great!

I thought she was very good, and so pleased she got more to do as the season went on as she seemed a little underused in the earlier episodes. Kirsten was also excellent and I loved the desperate manchild Cody Bonar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom