Palm Royale

KindaCool

Basic bopz plz
This looks like it's gonna be essential watching. Don't think there's a trailer yet, but I might just not be looking hard enough.

Set in 1969, a woman works towards attaining a place in Palm Beach high society, in the process learning what she will and won't do to achieve this.

Some pretty established names: Kristen Wiig, Laura Dern, Allison Janney, Leslie Bibb, Ricky Martin, Josh Lucas, Carol Burnett

Based on the novel Mr. & Mrs. American Pie by Juliet McDaniel.

p26312111_i_h10_aa.jpg

intro-1686017898.jpg

PalmRoyale_103_F00196F.jpg

You had me at Alison Janney. I don’t even need to see the trailer, I’m all in.

Wait a fucking minute - Laura Dern?? CAROL BURNETT???

*dead*

Laura Dern is actually one of the Executive Producers too.

Also, I know she's less known but I like Leslie Bibb a lot.

They shouldn't have given Cyndi Crawford's daughter any lines. Stick to the runway girl.

this looks utterly fabulous. whoever did Kristen's wardrobe deserves everything. and Laura Dern's refusal to age is iconic. Leslie Bibb was good fun in Good Christian Bitches too, I haven't seen her in anything for a while. this cast is only missing Miriam Shor tbh.

Well I rather enjoyed episode 1 at least

The reviews haven't been that bad. Probably just disappointing after all the hype. It's getting middling reviews. It might be more Desperate Housewives than Big Little Lies and there's nothing wrong with that!

Binged the first four episodes. The first one is excellent but it’s plodded a little since then.

It looks gorgeous.

The Pilot episode is quite good! At first it was verging on Ryan Murphy levels of cringe, but it doesn't take itself too seriously at all. It's a lot of fun.

The writing is a little on-the-nose but it seems that might be more of a practical issue than a creative one.

Last edited:
This is GOOD. Every single actress is on 10/10. The fluidity between them is beautiful. Every note is hit. Kristen and Allison are just excellent. Even Ricky Martin!

The writing is also really good. FULL of juice and scandal.

The scene between Maxine and Evelyn about the Beach Ball was amazing. "Get her rolodex and THEN we'll talk business" :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom