Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot (album and singles 2019/2020)

Post Donna Summer splurge I am currently going through all of the Further Listenings. I enjoyed Release very much, more so than I remembered.

I Didn't Get Where I Am Today reads like it is one of the album omissions that can't be pinned on them.

GEEK QUERY ALERT

I’m finally having a listen to this on Spotify and would I be right in saying that some artists put new albums on there with a purposely low bitrate to force people to splash the cash on them instead? (I mean I certainly would.) I’ve got it on the highest bitrate setting but it’s blatantly 192 Kbps at best :side-eye:

Anyway, ‘Will-o-the-wisp’ is fantastic. “Do you still hang round that old arcade to see what luck will bring?” :disco:

Spotify streams are between 128kbps and 320kbps depending on what has been provided, so it'll never be an audiophile experience. It should, however, not be so obviously shit.

Reactions: Zu
Ah, so it’s the best bitrate they’re provided with by the label! Ta luv. I actually don’t object to it being shit if the artists are making next to nothing out of it, but then I am, and will ever remain, rather old school on that front :weed:

My current thinking is that it’s probably OK to listen to things on there if the artist is dead or I’ve previously bought whatever I’m listening to. However, as with most of my self-imposed policies, I’m not necessarily adhering to this one in its strictest sense :side-eye:

My current thinking is that it’s probably OK to listen to things on there if the artist is dead or I’ve previously bought whatever I’m listening to. However, as with most of my self-imposed policies, I’m not necessarily adhering to this one in its strictest sense :side-eye:

I have a similar strategy. Let's just say that I am not coughing up for any of these Coil reissues which have quite obviously been authorised by NO-ONE. I don't mind Drew McDowall or Danny Hyde making a few quid off the music to which they contributed (although Hyde has taken the piss a bit with some of the remixes) but the "Threshold Archives" were all dodgy AF as are the endless "Astral Disaster" outtakes.

And on that note, what on earth is this ‘Swanyard’ thing?

And on that note, what on earth is this ‘Swanyard’ thing?

A scrape of the studio barrel. Various offcuts, alternates and unfinished shit that Danny Hyde found on various DATs, CDRs, cassettes etc. Being Coil, there is some interesting stuff and such shavings and gristle are all we have but fuck paying £50 for it on vinyl...

Well I’m a bit late but I LIKE THIS!

Loving Will O’ The Wisp :disco: and Dreamland for starters.

the wedding one reminds me a bit of the GamesMaster theme tune

So they've released Discovery: Live In Rio 1994 on DVD/CD/streaming. I've never seen this tour, but I've heard nothing but GREAT THINGS so quite excited to watch.
They've put a couple of performances on YouTube, one features a segue into MR VAIN :disco:

and another that segues into Rhythm Of The Night :D

I also finally managed to grab a copy of the latest Annually, as what better COVID SOUVENIR than Neil's miserable quarantine scribblings :disco:

It might possibly be their BEST GIG EVER! The finale of Being Boring with the entire crowd singing along is the stuff of GAY NATIONAL ANTHEM DREAMS!
I've heard about it before.

I saw them in Thetford Forest, which was fucking amazing.

It reminds me of that weird Madonna song from a couple of years ago. I wasn't ready for a 10 minute track.

So following the FUNKO POPS the boiz have now branched into t-shirt design for Zara :D

One of them very randomly features the artwork for Format (!). I do however properly love the Suburbia t-shirt which is the only one that works in my opinion

5431303712_2_5_1.jpg

TYPICALLY it's the only one sold out in M & L :D

So following the FUNKO POPS the boiz have now branched into t-shirt design for Zara :D

One of them very randomly features the artwork for Format (!). I do however properly love the Suburbia t-shirt which is the only one that works in my opinion

5431303712_2_5_1.jpg

That works really well. I might get one

5431303712_2_5_1.jpg

I just brought one of these today. Congrats you are officially an influencer :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom