Phil Spector DEAD

They've shat it and changed it to "Jailed music producer". Not any better guys.

did anyone watch the HBO miniseries with Helen Mirren and Al Pacino a few years back? I seem to recall it being quite good. although if I remember rightly or didn't take the position that actually definitely murdered Lana.

Oh well.

Ronnie was still looking and sounding in pretty good form a couple of years back - and the size of THE DO:

I've got her book somewhere, I'll have to dig it out.

I do my hair toss. Check my nails.
Baby how you feelin? Spector burn in HELL!

Over on the Steve Hoffman forums, where US boomers wet themselves over Beatles outtakes, they're deleting all the Spector-related threads because they're "impossible to moderate, filled with hate and vitriol". OH, YA THINK?

"No politics" is one thing but insisting on positivity only for this fucking weasel is just ridiculous.

If I had been writing the headline, I think I'd have gone for 'Noted goat fucker Phil Spector'.

In a situation like this, tone is everything. Whilst I understand the Twitter comments about "Talented but flawed gardener Fred West" etc etc, Fred West is only known as a murderer.

Holding the two thoughts at the same time is possible: he was a murderer, a serial abuser and a bully and, also, he changed the face of pop music, produced some imperishable classics and his sound is immigrated to this day. It's not excusing him to point out how influential he was in music per se. But using it to qualify his murder, his abuse, his horrific behaviour towards musicians - that's a pile of shite.

Reactions: GNL
There’s a really good four part documentary on Spector, both the music and the murder, on Sky/ Now TV at the moment.

I have to say I very much enjoyed looking into the 26 year old he married after meeting her three days earlier whilst he was awaiting trial and who basically went on a jolly with all the money the second he was in prison, alongside trying unsuccessfully to launch a pop career with a Phil produced, heavily vocodered album of somewhat dubious quality, despite her suggesting in interviews that he had said it was right up there with his Ronettes and Tina Turner work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom