Philip Schofield - “I’m a queen!”

Like I'm going to give a fuck about anything created by someone who calls themselves "Engelbraith Humperwaite". Use yr actual name and stand up for what you say, ya fuckin' snake.

You may want to look at the YouTube channel it came from. The angry Union Jack says it all. Fuck this shit.

Don’t come for me, and then post EURGH. :manson:
Ok your post was IGNORANT, PRESUMPTUOUS and ILL INFORMED.

See my post and Jark's regarding it. Not hating, just advising. I presume you to be an ally, but that post didn't come from a place being a ally.

I didn't even watch the clip, I don't give a fuck what that bloke thinks.

Where have we got this narrative that his wife has known for a while and they had an arrangement? I said if it was true he was a disgusting pig like any other man who cheats on their wife of 27 years.

Ok your post was IGNORANT, PRESUMPTUOUS and ILL INFORMED.

See my post and Jark's regarding it. Not hating, just advising. I presume you to be an ally, but that post didn't come from a place being a ally.

I said he was a disgusting pig if he was cheating on his wife with someone else. Wouldn’t matter if they were 18/50/male or female.

Where have we got this narrative that his wife has known for a while and they had an arrangement? I said if it was true he was a disgusting pig like any other man who cheats on their wife of 27 years.
Because they're with the wrong gender? It's more nuanced than vile pig.

Meanwhile, I have to stick up for crusty Ruth. She's an insecure woman who gets jealous whenever her husband's hands aren't holding onto a sandwich. I did pick up on Eamon saying to proud mary Phil that no one should feel embarrassed about their sexuality, with Phil immediately chirping "I'm not!" with all the conviction of someone who isn't rumoured to have been shagging Jason Donavon back in the day and is clearly not only coming out to counter something. Anyway, he does look extremely skinny in the legs the poor guy.

You jump on me as I am female and I expressed my opinion that he was a disgusting pig if he had an affair. I never once said it was disgusting because it was with a 18 year old male (if true). It wouldn’t matter what sex he was cheating on. His wife or him have never once said they have an arrangement in fact I don’t think his wife has spoken out at all.Why would that ever be taken any other way, like I have ever been homophobic in the past?

FUCK OFF.

You jump on me as I am female and I expressed my opinion that he was a disgusting pig if he had an affair. I never once said it was disgusting because it was with a 18 year old male (if true). It wouldn’t matter what sex he was cheating on. His wife or him have never once said they have an arrangement in fact I don’t think his wife has spoken out at all.Why would that ever be taken any other way, like I have ever been homophobic in the past?

FUCK OFF.
IF YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE OF THE WRONG GENDER THEN ITS MORE COMPLICATED.

I literally never said you were being homophobic. And I jumped on it due to it sounding IGNORANT.

Don't fucking come at me with SEXISM!!

Last edited:
IF YOU IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE OF THE WRONG GENDER THEN ITS MORE COMPLICATED.

I literally never said you were being homophobic. And I jumped on it due it sounding IGNORANT.

Don't fucking come at me with SEXISM!!

Cheating with anyone is not OK. It is not any more complicated depending if it is a same sex relationship or not. IF it was behind his wife’s back it’s sneaky regardless. That was my point so if my post read in any other way than that you should have asked me what I meant. Not said I was endorsing homophobic bullshit.

If you are in a marriage, then you should strive to maintain fidelity. If the two of you have come to an agreement otherwise, this is absolutely fine; it's only "cheating" if it's covert, sneaky, outwith the agreed boundaries. No-one knows what that is/was in the present case right now. I don't think the gender of the participants really changes that.

At some point we (societally) have to get over the idea that having an affair makes someone a vile, disgusting pig. Affairs can be horrible, involve abuses of trust, but that kind of good/bad binary thinking doesn't help anyone.

Relationships to me are built on trust. If Philip came out to his wife years ago and agreed on an open relationship then I see no issue. If him and his wife were in a monogamous relationship then it is a real boot on the guts for her. NOT because he was having an affair with another man, but because they were “happily married” for 27 years and he is going behind her back and having sex with someone else whilst she is none the wiser. We have no clue what the situation was between them, but IF they were together and he had to come out because he was having an affair with his runner behind her back and portraying a happy marriage to not only her, but the world ( see his Christmas programme) he is a DISGUSTING PIG in my eyes. He can’t have his cake and eat it.

Its perfectly feasible that their marriage is still happy. Relationships are far more complicated.

I respect your perspective, Rita and I am talking more broadly, not in relation to Phillip, but I think affairs and infidelity are a consequence of quite complex and important factors, and to reduce them to good/bad condemnations only does humans and our relationships a disservice.

No doubt every situation is different and no one knows what is going on behind the scenes, but generally I don't agree with cheating either.

I respect your perspective, Rita and I am talking more broadly, not in relation to Phillip, but I think affairs and infidelity are a consequence of quite complex and important factors, and to reduce them to good/bad condemnations only does humans and our relationships a disservice.

Having been cheated on countless times by my ex husband I would say I actually felt trapped since we had two children together. He also made me think it was all in my head until I eventually conjured up the courage to leave him. The feeling that I was doing something wrong was the worst I’ve ever felt.

The media seriously need to stop trying to out people though. Unless they're doing something illegal, it's not the public's business.

The media seriously need to stop trying to out people though. Unless they're doing something illegal, it's not the public's business.

I think that's what weirded me out about it being on the front of every damn paper the other day except the FT. Like, we still care?

Imagine if he was still with the BBC, the Mail would have gone haywire.

I think that's what weirded me out about it being on the front of every damn paper the other day except the FT. Like, we still care?

Imagine if he was still with the BBC, the Mail would have gone haywire.

Exactly!! Front page news? I think not. Stephen Gately (RIP my angle) was front page news when he came out in 1998. Twenty two years later this is still making the front page, and we're supposed to be a progressive society.

Having been cheated on countless times by my ex husband I would say I actually felt trapped since we had two children together. He also made me think it was all in my head until I eventually conjured up the courage to leave him. The feeling that I was doing something wrong was the worst I’ve ever felt.
Gaslighting sucks. And I get why you'd why you'd be committed to your views as your are. But relationships are all different. I'm not FOR cheating per se but I'm not here to judge people based on shitty videos made by fascists.

Deeply rooted society and media homophobia in the early 1990s caused him to marry a woman. This is kinda why I think the cheating should be viewed in a more nuanced way.

Exactly!! Front page news? I think not. Stephen Gately (RIP my angle) was front page news when he came out in 1998. Twenty two years later this is still making the front page, and we're supposed to be a progressive society.
This isn't NORMAL though. I guess his celebrity and the circumstances fed into it being a front page story.

I'm not a huge fan of the coming out thing not being news angle. It should be in the public eye. We shouldn't be hiding it. Ideally it wouldn't be, but that would involve pretending years of homophobia didn't (and still does) exist.

Reactions: Zu
It's worth considering how things would have been for Schofield if he'd come out in the 80's whilst presenting children's television on the BBC during the era of Clause 28. How far have we *actually* come?

Reactions: Zu
1980s Britain were the most homophobic the UK has ever been since it was legalised. But again that's not the entire story.

well to be fair he announced on Instagram and then did a big interview on This Morning - was that forced because of blackmail I don't know, but we can't be complaining of 'front page news' when its a This Morning feature with Holly fawning all over him. I agree it shouldn't be front page news in this day and age, but there's something off here..

Gaslighting sucks. And I get why you'd why you'd be committed to your views as your are. But relationships are all different. I'm not FOR cheating per se but I'm not here to judge people based on shitty videos made by fascists.

I know every relationship differs, but you are definitely right my perspective on the issue is deep rooted from my own experience. I also didn’t judge him based on that video. I said IF ITS TRUE he is a disgusting pig. My opinion. I wasn’t endorsing homophobic shit, nor am I ignorant, pro sumptuous or misinformed.

I’m glad we cleared that up.

My uncle came out about 10 years ago when he was around the same age as Phil. He was also married with two teenage kids. And also, like Phil, he said he 'had doubts' when he got married. And whilst I have a lot of sympathy for him, he left his wife in a very SHIT position, regardless of how UNDERSTANDING she was (and she was). Overnight she became a fifty-something mother-of-two divorcee who felt like she had been living a lie for the previous 25 years.

My uncle now is a happier man, I think, he travels round the world and gets laid often, which is not bad for a 60-something. He has a great relationship with his ex-wife, although I have never heard him speak of any REGRETS about the situation he put her in. She, however, has very little social life, is still unmarried, hasn't met anyone and has been in therapy for years.

So FORGIVE ME for not FAWNING OVER Schofield's BRAVERY. His coming-out message is all about HIM and how she is so good TO HIM. I wonder how SHE truly feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom