Piers Morgan LEAVES Good Morning Britain; Sharon Osbourne LEAVES The Talk

I really want one of his prints. I have a large postcard of his on my fridge, complete with a Cilla stamp. Unfortunately it's a Brexit Day Festival picture and if you didn't know it makes me look like a raving Brexiteer.

Well, lets celebrate THAT.

Hopefully Lawrence Fox won't be willing to step in at short notice though.

I'm not so sure that it will flop. If they have someone with deep pockets prepared for the long game, I think it will sit in the background growing its audience steadily for years.

Look at this way, when was the last time anyone paid attention to RT?

“It’s certainly going to be quieter,” says Lorraine Kelly. Not exactly OMG SO DEVASTATED is it :D

Also I’m so amused that the row was with the WEATHERMAN

Thank you Daddy.

EwD25boWQAoJ9ay

How do people even LOOK like that? I expect it doesn’t involve chips

:disco: What a QUEEN.

:disco:

This is what the 'He's just giving his opinion! PC MADNESS' criers don't seem to be grasping. He is paid to give controversial opinions, but he needs to be prepared to deal with it when people stand up to him.

That's assuming it isn't all a big publicity stunt.

I scoffed at Harry's comment that "the UK is not bigoted; the British tabloid press are". Sorry, Harry. This is a culture where it was - in the mid-00s - a bit a bants for you to dress as a Nazi. Stop playing to the gallery. A lot of Brits are bigoted af.
This is the thing. The press is completely awful but it works in tandem with a public willing to (literally) buy into the stories and facilitate its bigotry. It's all too easy to say the press torments people and sew negative attitudes to race, sexuality, diversity etc, and it does, but the general public is just as culpable.

This is the thing. The press is completely awful but it works in tandem with a public willing to (literally) buy into the stories and facilitate its bigotry. It's all too easy to say the press torments people and sew negative attitudes to race, sexuality, diversity etc, and it does, but the general public is just as culpable.
It's a very British get-out-of-jail-free card. "We're not bigoted - it's just our media". The country voted (repeatedly) for Brexit, which is a fundamentally nationalistic, anti-foreign project.

I don't have a problem with it. I know it can be seen to suggest that there are multiple truths, but I just see it as someone speaking from their own perspective about their own experience.

I've come to the conclusion that this whole shebang was staged by Piers. He'll already have GB News lined up for a healthy packet, and they'll flog the narrative that he was being SILENCED by the MSM for speaking HIS TRUTH etc etc.

It's going to be amazing when they can only get the same old right wing guests on and it flops (Which is a cross I am dying on now that I am the MEDIA)

Yeah, I find it hard to celebrate his 'downfall' when this is clearly all theatre. He'll be at GB News or FOX within the month.

The media class all stick together, they'll let him in - he'll be positioned as the 'reasonable one', which probably says it all about the rest of the line-up :eyes:

Reactions: GNL
Considering he’s spent the last few months ripping the tories a new arsehole, wouldn’t he have burnt his bridges with the right wing media?
Never presume the right won't slate one group/ individual with one hand and then hold them up as a beacon of golden values with the other. They'll do anything to maintain power, if it suits their current narrative.

The right wing parts of the media are perfectly happy slating the Tories at the moment because it's so far from an election. It means that they can claim to be balanced when they slither right back behind them if Labour ever look like getting their shit together.

Holy Shit! Just had The Talk on in the background and Sharon Osborne just had a massive blow up / rant at her co-hosts, she’s accusing them of calling her racist because she’s supporting him. So many bleeps because she was dropping swear words left right and centre. They cut to break and came back and she’s still going off it lol

Reactions: dUb
Holy Shit! Just had The Talk on in the background and Sharon Osborne just had a massive blow up rant at her co-hosts, she’s accusing them of calling her racist because she’s supporting him. So many bleeps because she was dropping swear words left right and centre
:emoji_popcorn::emoji_exclamation:

"and don't try and cry because if anyone should be crying it should be ME" :octy::goodgrief:

"and don't try and cry because if anyone should be crying it should be ME" :octy::goodgrief:

Educate ME! Educate ME!

this was after the break .. she had been on a big rant before, I hope the full video is posted up soon.

She started screaming how piers isn’t her husband, her boyfriend or her lover and how it has got nothing to do with her .. in which case, why the fuck did you feel the need to tweet that shit you silly hag!

there’s another video in that tweet showing what happened before they cut to the advert break.

The whole segment went on for over 10 minutes or so this is just sort of what it built up to.

Twitter is as divided as they are over Piers. Half of them saying she was bullied by her co-hosts and half of them horrified by her outburst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom