Poland 2021 - RAFAŁ - The Ride

Sadly Alicja of Empires non-fame was sent to the glue factory :(
Instead Poland have sent Olly Murs via Busted's Drive soundtrack inspired album instead :D

It's not AWFUL, but also not AMAZING, and I'm positive he HATES ABORTION!

My Polish correspondent isn’t very happy about it although is marginally less ashamed than he was of the Satan-worshipping butter churning prostitutes

I don't mind it but it feels so phoned in.

This REALLY seems to be going down badly with the Polish fans.

Apparently the singer is a TV personality on the competing broadcaster and the song is a Melodifestivalen reject.

Can’t imagine why they’d claim it isn’t representative of their music scene.

I like this! Know nothing about HIM, but it sounds like a Danny Saucedo album track circa 2007 and that'll DO ME.

I expect it'll qualify and finish 18th, unless the Polish diaspora goes nuts again a 'la 2016.

Also, Empires was dogshit. Sorry Alicja.

Interestingly, the demo version was sung by the lady songwriter:

Sounds much more impactful (and an actual effort not to sound half-awake).

I don't know if this is being hated (or just flat out ignored) because it's Poland and a male singer but when you strip that away this is some basic homosexual shit. And I really don't mind it.

Yeah it's definitely in my list of Good Ones! Thanks mainly to @RJN's promo

It’s at the bottom of my ‘like’ list. It’s not bad but I don’t want it clogging up the finals (and the UK televote).

Yeah it's definitely in my list of Good Ones! Thanks mainly to @RJN's promo

:love:

I thought I was the only person to like this one. It may be a lesser Denmark I guess, but I love them both.

Denmark is one of the best songs of the year! :weed:

• Love
Reactions: RJN
I liked it more than Denmark on first listen but it doesn’t really go anywhere. Still, I imagine he doesn’t have the unbelievably punchable singing face of the Danish bloke so that’s a tick in the win column.

The song wasn’t bad, just that charisma void, and excessive holding his mic to the audience to sing along was a bit much.
Hang on, there wasn’t an audience at the front was there? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom