Poland 2022: Ochman - River (+ EVIL NON-TWINS & Lidia Kopania KATASTROFIE)

One thing that bugs me is that it has a really unsatisfying ending. For a song consisting of about 28 words, it feels oddly chopped.

I do think it'll do very well though, and I wouldn't totally discount it.

You still don't believe in Ochman... I am Polish ..and I loved only 1994,1995,1996 and 1997 entries. 2003 Ich Troje and Szpak's entry were also ok. But make my words. !00 % chances for Ochman for top 10., 99 % of Top 5, 90% chances of Top 3...and 80% of the Top 1. U will see in May. Jury will love him....and he will easily will in top 3 for public voting....
:nononono:

He’s an excellent singer, but he’s DEAD behind the eyes and has no presence whatsoever. They’ll need to stage the SHIT out of whatever is going on around him to really make it work on stage.

He will do well but I do also think it being SO reminiscent of Arcade is likely to give it a bit of a ceiling. It's rare you ever get two really similar winners in the space of a few years in the modern contest.

He’s an excellent singer, but he’s DEAD behind the eyes and has no presence whatsoever. They’ll need to stage the SHIT out of whatever is going on around him to really make it work on stage.
Apparently he’ll have four dancers on stage with him.

But as someone who was bigging this up as a potential winner a few weeks ago, I don‘t really see it happening now. It should do well with both jury and televote, an easy top ten which I’m sure the broadcaster would be more than happy with, but I just can’t see this finishing above the likes of Sweden, Italy and then Ukraine and Norway once you factor in the televote.

And yes, his voice is fantastic, but so is Sam Ryder’s and nobody (other than @ButterTart) is biggimg up him as a winner.

Apparently he’ll have four dancers on stage with him.
Does having backing dancers to a heartfelt laidback song ever really work? I always find them massively distracting and out of place.

Does having backing dancers to a heartfelt laidback song ever really work? I always find them massively distracting and out of place.

Especially this time, I heard a wicked whisper that they were going to be dressed as various types of freshwater fish

I think Poland's best route to victory could be if it finished top 3 on Juries and televotes and there's a large divergence between the other songs that do well. i.e. if Ukraine are tanked by the juries and Sweden bomb the televote.

I don't think it's likely, but it could happen.

I think Poland's best route to victory could be if it finished top 3 on Juries and televotes and there's a large divergence between the other songs that do well. i.e. if Ukraine are tanked by the juries and Sweden bomb the televote.

I don't think it's likely, but it could happen.
I more or less think it's its only route to victory, especially given it's what happened for Arcade. But then, the similarities to Arcade are enough that I'm not sure it'll be able to just so easily replicate similar numbers to what it got without diminishing returns.

You still don't believe in Ochman... I am Polish ..and I loved only 1994,1995,1996 and 1997 entries. 2003 Ich Troje and Szpak's entry were also ok. But make my words. !00 % chances for Ochman for top 10., 99 % of Top 5, 90% chances of Top 3...and 80% of the Top 1. U will see in May. Jury will love him....and he will easily will in top 3 for public voting....
Well :eyes:

Who could have foreseen this 1% :(

He just wasn't very engaging. The spunk on the camera and the dancing dementors just seemed like a feeble attempt to distract from the fact that he barely opened his eyes from the first note to the last.

I think it’s sort of what happened to all female tit-shakers last year - too many boys with emotions, bad luck for Switzerland, Poland, Azerbaijan, Australia, Germany
 possibly Italy was the main cannibal in that group, even if it doesn’t quite fit in.

I've been enjoying the album too. It's quite full on and not exactly a relaxing listen but then I suppose that ART isn't EASY :D

The 4th placers of Sweden and Poland's 2022 selections has joined forces and released Running With Lightning, a Wrethov, Jansson and Laurell co-write and likely Melodifestivalen reject.
In other blackface news KUBA has found recent success imitating Lamar on the aptly named hit show
Your Face Sounds Familiar :manson: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom