Pop Music Activism

Thank fuck for that. Deuce that is. I don't give a shit about Rosie Ribbons.

I can’t be bothered to re-write it but here is my great review of the Deuce album. Let’s all stream it and make it the summer hit of ‘18 (my tweet, not the album)

Is ‘Open Up’ considered one of the highlights of the album? If not, it SHOULD BE.

HI
not that anyone cares but
I noticed as of last week Rachel Stevens enitre (ie about 5 songs) catalogue was removed from Latin Spotify, what gives? Why do they RANDOMLY Do this is so fucking annoying

The thing I find fascinating about this (and has obviously been mentioned previously) is why things like "I Breathe Again" and "Wordshaker" weren't on in the first place! I mean, I can see how an old ALDA album might have been overlooked, but REALLY?

The thing I find fascinating about this (and has obviously been mentioned previously) is why things like "I Breathe Again" and "Wordshaker" weren't on in the first place! I mean, I can see how an old ALDA album might have been overlooked, but REALLY?
I know! Wordshaker got taken down to not cannibalise sales but it seems so odd that no-one - Polydor/ Universal/ Fascination/ The Sats management and even The Sats themselves thought “hmm maybe we should put back on now On Your Radar” is out there.

Adam was online but got taken down (see also allSTARS, Cathy Dennis, Sonique, Dario G, Honda Hicks). Seems all these were either due to a) rights expiration (unlikely with manufactured pop), b) artistic request (unlikely) or c) the audio/ meta tag data being deemed not up to current standards (but then that would mean everything uploaded a decade ago wouldn’t be)

Bonus one! (I’d asked about this a few times but it’s not one I’ve checked every Friday to see if it’s been put online. I’d noticed the album had come offline thenother week in the US so was hoping this was the reason why!)

Is there some kind of launch party for the Rosie Ribbons album? :disco:
Rosie herself might perform a song or two at a boxing match in celebration.

Rosie-Ribbons-Pop-Idol.jpg

ROSIE RIBBONS LISTENING PARTY

The Good Thing is giving me casio keyboard realness at the school talent contest :disco:

I love that this “Old music fridays” thread is much more exciting than the “New music fridays” one :D

Woop the ridiculousness of Crazy being available

Last edited:
What a GREAT album to get onto Spotify.

I can’t believe it was released 5 years ago. Easily my favourite of their albums and I still wish Steps had recorded Younger Than Yesterday.

So unfortunately no pop for a bit (allSTARS* Things That Go Bump In The Night was due to drop before Halloween but alas).

In addition to a batch of 4 Strings (Take Me Away Into The Night, Diving and their 2003 album Believe) and the original mix/ edit of Sidney Samson’s Riverside, I did manage this which had previously been Italy only:

Why is that Alphabeat so resolutely unavailable ANYWHERE? It's always BEMUSED me...

I need the Bimbo Jones Remix of Fascination in my life :evil: fuck you Spotify and fuck you Alphabeat

We need Najoua belyzel " Gabriel" on there:(

Physically.
I think it was only released physically in Denmark and i can't imagine there was a big print run. When i asked about a digital release they stressed they wouldn't be doing a physical one.

Meanwhile, it took six months but for those with Spotify, voila!

^I that Gloria album. Most of it done with Pharrell but I imagine her and Emilio sneaking back into the studio after recording it to Gloria-fy the songs a bit more.

I think it was only released physically in Denmark and i can't imagine there was a big print run. When i asked about a digital release they stressed they wouldn't be doing a physical one.

Oh yeah, I know. It's just strange, considering how well they'd done that it was a limited, Denmark-only release. I do understand but it just seemed strange at the time...

The career nosedive between the Hear My Cry album (the album went top ten and had 3 top ten singles; It Feels So Good and Sky were genuinely big! ) to the next album not even charting must have been hard. I can’t even remember any promo for the follow-up though

That second album remains TO THIS DAY in my "never played" pile- and I think I may have bought it on the day of release...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom