Pop Music Activism

Genuinely one of the all-time greats - not a single bad song on it.

@aquaplex i think same difference first album is geo blocked in the U.K.? Is there any chance you could add to your list? Even We R One would be awesome x

@aquaplex i think same difference first album is geo blocked in the U.K.? Is there any chance you could add to your list? Even We R One would be awesome x
Sony no longer own rights so it has come offline but Sean Smith is working on getting it online

Reactions: SDF
Bless, the vocals on Groove Machine :D
Every weekend I’m in para-DIE-ICE.

a shame they never carried on. Apparently it was a bit awks as between having recorded the first two singles and North South East West coming out, Marvins voice had broke

Reactions: VoR
I remember being very excited when North, South, East, West CLIMBED into the top 40 in its third week.

CAREER SAVED! :bruised:

I remember being very excited when North, South, East, West CLIMBED into the top 40 in its third week.

CAREER SAVED! :bruised:
Thunderbugs found FUMING. That week they only managed to climb up to 62 with their second single.

Reactions: VoR
Friends Forever remains glorious. Such a happy pop period. Too bad they didn't continue the cycle with a heavy flow of hits, etc.

The Comfort Zone really is PRIME early 90s RnB in a Toni Braxton kinda way. :disco:

*frugs around the kitchen to ‘Work to Do’*

These guys are doing such a good job, I often check their Twitter for new adds - I requested Toca’s Miracle through their site a fair few months ago but no word as yet.

These guys are doing such a good job, I often check their Twitter for new adds - I requested Toca’s Miracle through their site a fair few months ago but no word as yet.

its definitely going, but I think that’s been a particularly difficult one to clear. I think that would be the Fall of the Berlin Wall in terms of streaming coups, from what I remember :D

If I remember correectly the issue was that noted Moopy legend COCO STAR had a falling out with Fragma over royalties, so there's disputed ownership of various elements of the track.

Plus a lot of these big early 00s dance hits were on labels that don't really exist any more.

That was worth the read to discover Coco’s real name is Susan Brice! Sounds like a shit deal for her but she didn’t have any issue fronting the song at the time? Just let us have it!

Indeed. Toca’s Miracle is a clusterfuck.

The label which owed her royalties (on the assumption that copyright of the original vocal was passed on from Greenlight Recordings to Coco) is defunct and the owner dead so she won’t get that money. She won’t engage with Fragma about getting the track online and seems happy for cover/ tribute versions to make money from there being no actual Toca’s Miracld online... one of the main Spotify dance classics playlists even has a tribute version on it

just re: requests I get too many to get in touch with people. There’s only so much I can do.

Indeed. Toca’s Miracle is a clusterfuck.

The label which owed her royalties (on the assumption that copyright of the original vocal was passed on from Greenlight Recordings to Coco) is defunct and the owner dead so she won’t get that money. She won’t engage with Fragma about getting the track online and seems happy for cover/ tribute versions to make money from there being no actual Toca’s Miracld online... one of the main Spotify dance classics playlists even has a tribute version on it

just re: requests I get too many to get in touch with people. There’s only so much I can do.
Are you behind this? Cool! To clarify, I wasn’t expecting anybody to get in touch personally regarding a request, I just meant there was no word on your Twitter page about Toca’s Miracle (that I had seen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom