Pop Music Activism

Do I spy a (former) Mooper handing out Toast at ~10 seconds in? :disco:

If Dane - The Album can make it onto streaming/download, what about Asia Blue? I believe Barry Blue was at the helm.

I noticed Romeo and Christina Milian’s single is now on Spotify, which I’m sure no one gives a shit about but I quite enjoy.

Now to just get some Friday Hill onto there :D

I noticed Romeo and Christina Milian’s single is now on Spotify, which I’m sure no one gives a shit about but I quite enjoy.

Now to just get some Friday Hill onto there :D
Yes though it’s not on other platforms and Milian is spelt wrongggg

For those Moopy people who came to the last one (and any others)

Yes. That was a deliberate inclusion of that performance!!

A summary of some of the stuff I've gotten online this month

The radio edits to Robert Miles' Fable inc the weird vocal versions that goes aaahaaa aaahaa ooohhhh wwooooooohhhhhh aaah oh aah oh
The single mix of David Gray's Babylon that isn't the snoozefest album version
The proper radio edit of David Morales' Needin U
The singles by Hi-Gate
Lene Marlin's Where I'm Headed UK MIX
Trouser Enthusiasts Orgasm mix of Alane by Wes
A shed load of Candi Staton music from after she became popular again with the reissue of You Got The Love

And as a plug, as some of the Moopy crew came to the last one:
FILf0mEXoAItbIo

And expect this legendary performance loved by Moopy

Some big stuff dropped over the last six weeks

The True Steppers album inc the seminal stalker anthem Buggin

The most famous of the Scott-Lee dynasty, 3SL (both singles)
The only act from Popstars The Rivals to have an unbroken run of Top 10 hits, One True Voice (both singles)
All four singles and B sides from prototype S Club 7, North & South
The album and two singles from runners up to Madasun, Made In London

@aquaplex is it you that has got Can’t Say Goodbye up from Pop!?

What a great day :disco:
After seeing them posted in the “worst pop performances” thread the other day, I went to check if Can’t Say Goodbye had finally made it online. The joy I had to discover it was there along with a handful of gay remixes :disco:

AMAZING

I see people on Youtube are still scrabbling after the full version of "Don't Let It Go To Your Head". I didn't know it was still ultra rare! WHAT a SONG.

I think Slave sent me that, I gave it a listen or two and it was rather good. Was it a B Side or just a lost track? I actually really love their Xanadu as well :disco:

Weird the second and third singles are now up but not the first.

It was a lost track and possibly a b-side for Xanadu, the fourth single, which was given to Lauren Waterworth after Pop! got dropped.

I think Slave sent me that, I gave it a listen or two and it was rather good. Was it a B Side or just a lost track? I actually really love their Xanadu as well :disco:

Weird the second and third singles are now up but not the first.
Definitely a lost track, though it's all a bit grey with them. I think it's got a sample in it which was a big part of the problem (plus them being massive flops too obviously :D). It's way better than b-side material!

I must have got it off of Slave or Robotboy and it still gets plenty of plays :disco:

"Heaven & Earth" is such an incredible pop song, I hope that makes it to streaming too. It feels like it's on the very edge of Jade's range as it launches into the chorus and goes stratospheric. I LOVE it :disco:

The mixes aren't as good as the ones for Can't Say Goodbye though but OH WELL.

Obviously Steps should give their entire back catalogue a new airing for their next album.

Hmm those seemed to come online midweek. Or at least a day early - they weren’t online last Friday. Assume third single follows soon!

What an utterly bizarre video! :D
It IS bizarre and nothing to do with the song but similar to those “sexy” Clubland type videos that were popular around OH FIVE, especially as it was released by a faceless dance act.

I suppose it’s also a blessing that 15/16 year old Lauren didn’t appear in it. :o

Definitely a lost track, though it's all a bit grey with them. I think it's got a sample in it which was a big part of the problem (plus them being massive flops too obviously :D). It's way better than b-side material!

I must have got it off of Slave or Robotboy and it still gets plenty of plays :disco:
The Pop! b-sides were shockingly good, especially this one from Heaven and Earth which has more of a Serious sound. Glen Ball mentioned recently that they may have had more longevity if Serious had been their debut release especially as neither of the boys sang on the other singles.:bruised:

Wasn’t it that Glenn is pretty open that he can’t sing and nor can Hannah?! They were the dancers whereas Jade and Jamie were the vocalists.

That I know their names without thinking is worrying but expected :D

I hadn't thought of POO! for an age, but Heaven and Earth was sensational blast of a dying breed of turn of the century pop glory.

Last edited:
I have an mp3 of a vocalled version of Waterfall by Atlantic Ocean, it was labelled as POP!, as a feature credit for Merchants of Dance - any idea if that’s official or just mislabelled?

"Heaven & Earth" is such an incredible pop song, I hope that makes it to streaming too. It feels like it's on the very edge of Jade's range as it launches into the chorus and goes stratospheric. I LOVE it :disco:

The mixes aren't as good as the ones for Can't Say Goodbye though but OH WELL.

Obviously Steps should give their entire back catalogue a new airing for their next album.

Sadly it’s a NO from me. Heaven & Earth never hit with me. It’s ok, but the other two are much better. Too whiny maybe for the debut for me? It’s more Scooch than LSL for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom