Pop Music Activism

So have Fragma lost patience and DITCHED Our Sue for a different, anonymous singer? :o

So have Fragma lost patience and DITCHED Our Sue for a different, anonymous singer? :o
To hell with Our Sue. Justice for Eva Martinez, the original Fragma singer who whispered Toca Me and some Spanish and was looking forward to singing the next Fragma track as shown on this interview with renowned music interview channel Granada Men And Motors (no doubt Maria Rubia was on this too)

Yeah I vaugely remember an Aussie mate mentioning it, and perhaps Rach Stevens and Holly Valance weren’t available down under on streaming?

Not available here. Maybe the pent up demand for Crickets Sing for Anamaria will push it to number 1 when its finally released

o_O O_o o.O O.o Screenshot_20220626-133253_Chrome.jpg

I don't remember this one, and to be honest the songs are terrible :D BUT, I am fascinated that her Irish chart career comprises a #1 hit, a #2 hit and then NOTHING ELSE.

Is that typical? Do any of our Irish posters remember her at all? (paging @dUb ) Was her entire career a MASSIVE SCAM? I need to learn more!

She was BIG for that short period and I remember both songs! People were into it :D

There may have been a Stephen Gately ROMANCE along the way as well

How odd! Were they just banking on her also breaking the UK and spending too much on her accordingly? Bizarre to think you could have that much local success an not even get a third single...

How odd! Were they just banking on her also breaking the UK and spending too much on her accordingly? Bizarre to think you could have that much local success an not even get a third single...
Same with Six! Only that was two #1s and then THE END

• Sad
Reactions: VoR
Queen Kerri Ann’s debut single is quality of the highest order. It’s the second ever song written by the guy who wrote Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit and sounds like if notting hill carnival was held in the loading bay round the back of Lidl. The faux calypso is ridiculous. As is her standing on a flower in the video and dancing in the back streets (clearly not of dublin) with awful lighting and steel calypso drummers.

What a queen to bow out on a number one. Louis Walsh probably forgot about managing her as Westlife came.

I LOVED Kerri-Ann. Shock, I know. I even had her poster from the CD single on my bedroom wall for a couple of years, around the same time as my walls were adorned with Solid HarmoniE, N-Tyce, FAB, SOAP, Bianca Kinane and literally every other flop act that had a free poster with the CD single. 😂

Irreplaceable was never actually released in the UK, they withdrew it a week or so before release. Both the song and the video remind me of In Walked Love by Louise.

• Love
I LOVED Kerri-Ann. Shock, I know. I even had her poster from the CD single on my bedroom wall for a couple of years, around the same time as my walls were adorned with Solid HarmoniE, N-Tyce, FAB, SOAP, Bianca Kinane and literally every other flop act that had a free poster with the CD single. 😂

Irreplaceable was never actually released in the UK, they withdrew it a week or so before release. Both the song and the video remind me of In Walked Love by Louise.
Oh the OCC has it charting at 163!

Actually @aquaplex have you got Bianca Kinane’s 5 singles (plus two different album promos) on your list at all? There’s about 10 tracks in total and some good remixes in there.

I’ve just had a listen to this Kerri Ann and there’s an ‘unfinished’ version of For Sure in her top five tracks, that is the Scooch song! Did she do it prior to them?! WHO IS SHE?! :D

• Love
I’ve just had a listen to this Kerri Ann and there’s an ‘unfinished’ version of For Sure in her top five tracks, that is the Scooch song! Did she do it prior to them?! WHO IS SHE?! :D
Yes. Her second single was a Mike Stock write/ produce.

Kinane is on the very long list.

The STAR QUALITÉ on display in this video is quite something to behold…

No wonder Ellie Campbell never stood a chance competing against this :(
Compared to that Kerri-Ann video, Ellie’s were masterpieces. Especially this one, which had at least more than 1000 euros flung at it. Shame they pulled the CD single at the last minute. Thankfully I managed to get a copy.

I remember calling up The Box one night at 12am and made them play this 10 times in a row. I’ve just realised how much TIT she displays! :D

Oh I once got in loads of trouble for racking up about £40 a month calling The Box to order crap pop late at night. Gay rite of passage!

I also figured out that nobody actually voted in MTV’s daily top ten poll, and spent several weeks rigging it for Faith Hill’s There You’ll Be, much to the open irritation of the presenter :D

• Haha
Reactions: GNL
Oh I once got in loads of trouble for racking up about £40 a month calling The Box to order crap pop late at night. Gay rite of passage!

I also figured out that nobody actually voted in MTV’s daily top ten poll, and spent several weeks rigging it for Faith Hill’s There You’ll Be, much to the open irritation of the presenter :D

I managed to get Alsou’s Before You Love me into the top ten for the exact same reason! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom