Pop Toilet Flop Album Listen #1: Lisa Scott-Lee - Never Or Now (TONIGHT @ 9pm)

Did it deserve to flop?

• Total voters
Lately is really a GREAT dance-pop song. There's something very DANNII about it almost.

Reactions: dUb
Lately is really a GREAT dance-pop song. There's something very DANNII about it almost.
which I realise is not saying MUCH given Dannii's late-careeer penchant for sonic anonymity :D

What was the story with this single? It was released way before Electric and the album wasn't it? Or am I misremembering?

What was the story with this single? It was released way before Electric and the album wasn't it? Or am I misremembering?
It went Lately, Too Far Gone, and Electric a year or so later with the album, non?

Oh does this mean I need to listen Lately again?!

Too Far Gone is more Kylie than Dannii. It's almost a direct homage to the Fever era I would say.

There's a nice hint of retro/future-disco MELANCHOLY here which I really vibe with

The album was originally due to be released in 2003, and was called Unleashed. After Too Far Gone missed the top 10 she was dropped. Fucking ridiculous really.

I fucking still LOVE Lately. It's basically a 2nd rate Kylie track but it was EVERYTHING to a mid 20s gay back then

Yeah, I thought it was very Kylie - I'm not playing a second time because I missed that we were starting late.

Okay I’m listening to Lately again, @Jark rewind the tape hun x

8 of the tracks on Never or Now were due to be on Unleashed. There were a further 6 or so that never surfaced apart from a sampler of 30 seconds of each song.

@dUb I’m worried for what some of these other songs will score

Too Far Gone is superior

07 Lately
08 Too Far Gone

This was the rumoured tracklist to Unleashed:

01 Lately
02 Back In Time
03 Bad Girl
04 Too Far Gone
05 Obscenely Delicious
07 Boy On The Dancefloor
08 U Sure Do
09 Sleazy
10 Burnt Out And Falling
11 I'll Wait For You
12 Going Out To You
13 Let Me Inside
14 The Rhythm
15 Tonomatic

Yes, Too Far Gone really could have been a single by Kylie

For a song called Electric this has no energy WHATSOVER :D what a slog

08 Lately
09 Too Far Gone
05 Electric

It takes about 15 seconds to realise, if you somehow didn't know already, that Back In Time will be incredible.

07 Lately
08 Too Far Gone
09 Electric

She's on an UPWARD TRAJECTORY AND NO MISTAKE :disco::disco::disco:

This one came out when I was in first year at uni. I got the cd single and played it on my stereo, I think upstairs came down to tell me to turn it down. homophobes.

The only thing holding Back In Time back slightly is a vocal that's a bit... questionable in places. Especially those backing vocals. Honey, another take wouldn't have hurt

It's hitting that Fever era Kylie vibe again though, this time with a vague hint of Neon Nights in the mix :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom