Pop Toilet Flop Album Listen #3: Eternal - Eternal [Spanish Version](Spanish Version) Wed @ 8pm

**FLUSH?**

• Total voters

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
file-20190131-124043-im20oe.jpg

***FAX TRANSMISSION COMING THROUGH***

Hiya Kéllé, you're sacked sorry hun! X x

PS Up to 8 internet gays are going to be listening to our next album in 22 years' time just FYI lol

ETERNAL_ETERNAL-369332.jpg

NB: It looks like it's a dodgy Spanish remix version but they're all the same versions as the original #87 charting album

I'm very curious about this one... never bothered to listen to anything beyond the single and I considered myself to be QUITE the fan

Yeah same I never bothered listening to the album, although I’m sure I own a copy of it somewhere

Reactions: dUb
Such a fugly cover. :disco:

I'm IN! I have a vague memory of Watcha Gonna Do sounding like a nursery rhyme and have no clue about anything else.

God the COMEDOWN was REAL.

This must have been one of the biggest album flops of all time- after the four big selling albums and the million selling Greatest Hits they clearly hit the sweet spot only a few girl bands ever get to of being given a budget...FOR THIS. :D

I was a “first day” Eternal fan for every single one of their releases, both album and single (and both CD formats, thank you very much) but even I didn’t bother with this shower of shite at the time, albeit that I have it from a charity shop purchase at some point.

I thought the single was serviceable if a tad on the bland side (I also like their photos here, very '99 thinking it was the hot shit - cue memories of Q Magazine), but never ventured as far as checking the album out. Easther deserves so much more than dealing with abusive text messages from Mutya about her back order of acrylics. What finer voice has the UK produced since? Stretch (Kéllé "mind the gap" Bryan) n' Vern all but employing the immensely talented one as their cleaner feels rather cruel and like a grim League of Gentlemen sketch.

I thought the single was serviceable if a tad on the bland side (I also like their photos here, very '99 thinking it was the hot shit - cue memories of Q Magazine), but never ventured as far as checking the album out. Easther deserves so much more than dealing with abusive text messages from Mutya about her back order of acrylics. What finer voice has the UK produced since? Stretch (Kéllé "mind the gap" Bryan) n' Vern all but employing the immensely talented one as their cleaner feels rather cruel and like a grim League of Gentlemen sketch.

I fully agree with all of the above and think we should petition for Easter to be on the Masked Singer.

As an OG fan from day one (Always & Forever was the first cd I ever bought) I followed their entire career and was devastated to see them reduced to this. Teenage me just didnt understand what was happening.
I actually quite like this album and think it has some gems on, I can’t be here on Weds because I’ve got a QUIZ but I’ll come in after!

God yeah The Masked Singer is a great idea. She has to be on a list in ITV surely...

anyway one hour to go

Maybe we should start Hi Louise-ing our asses off and now that Lil' Lou has nothing else to live for she'll actually pull some strings.

Did we know this?

Additional Member

TJ Arlette joined the group for a few days in 1999 but left and the sisters carried on as a duo.

"a few days"!! :D

Did we know this?

Additional Member

TJ Arlette joined the group for a few days in 1999 but left and the sisters carried on as a duo.

"a few days"!! :D
I knew this yes. It was a management decision to bring her in but the Bennetts weren’t keen and I’m sure didn’t try to hide it. Vernie trotted out the line there could be no replacement for Kelle a few times.

i will be considering each song on this album under the below criteria
  • Is it better than Higher Than Heaven?
  • Is it better than I Wanna Know?

This is a well produced well sang song with ok video but the Bennetts really didn’t need those preachy lyrics on the first single as a duo, their rep wasn’t great as it was at this point.

I remember it had a music video but that is all I remember about the music video.

Didn't one of them push the other one in it?

1. What'Cha Gonna Do - this is at least as good as the mid-tempo skipsingles they had, eg Good Thing, Secrets. The video was a bit cold and off-putting, like the album cover. And this isn't a Misha B moment. There was just no JOY.
  • Is it better than Higher Than Heaven? NO
  • Is it better than I Wanna Know? YES

This is a well produced well sang song with ok video but the Bennetts really didn’t need those preachy lyrics on the first single as a duo, their rep wasn’t great as it was at this point.

I remember it being quite clear to me that it would flop. Why did they not realise that I wonder

Much stronger than I remember! I thought all the gusto and interest had completely gone at this point but there was obviously some here.

Probably the only flutter of it though...

he Bennetts really didn’t need those preachy lyrics on the first single as a duo, their rep wasn’t great as it was at this point.
Exactly. Glum and preachy was not the way to go.

2. Treat Me Like A Lady - oh there's something very nostalgic and comforting about this squelchy r'n'b sound. This is on a par with any Destiny's Child album track (debut album only)
  • Is it better than Higher Than Heaven? NO
  • Is it better than I Wanna Know? YES

Treat Me Like A Lady was supposed to be the second single before they got shafted out the door. Five Star have a single of the same name which isn’t too dissimilar. This is grand, the whole album prob needs a few listens.

oh i love the middle 8 breakdown!

oh this should have ended three choruses ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom