Pop Toilet Flop Album Listen #3: Eternal - Eternal [Spanish Version](Spanish Version) Wed @ 8pm

**FLUSH?**

• Total voters
08 Watcha Gonna Do
07 Treat Me Like a Lady
03 Sunday Morning
04 I Cry Real Tears
00 Pillow Talk
03 Missing You
06 Sensual Man
00 Free to Live
08 Your Love Makes Me Weak
09 If She Breaks Your Heart
01 Absent from You
-12455 A Melody (genuinely struggling to keep it together...)

Have we got past Sensual Man yet... I like that one

He Is... I was hoping for an actual gospel number a la Brandy's One Voice. I suppose it being 1:39 should be celebrated

Apparently we've heard this already? Oh YES it's Don't You Love Me Pt II

08 Watcha Gonna Do
07 Treat Me Like a Lady
03 Sunday Morning
04 I Cry Real Tears
00 Pillow Talk
03 Missing You
06 Sensual Man
00 Free to Live
08 Your Love Makes Me Weak
09 If She Breaks Your Heart
01 Absent from You
-12455 A Melody (genuinely struggling to keep it together...)
00 He Is

A few peaks but generally a big old TROUGH of an album. Sorry girls. You clearly needed that K Factor.

I'd love to know what happened with the A&Ring of this album. They have SEVERAL pop bangers, and none to be found here. So strange.

WELL IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE ANYWAY

Wikipedia tells me it was a promotional single in Spain produced by Emilio Estefan. I’m sure he cost more than the album made.

They should have been told they could keep five or six tracks and that they were being allocated a further 6 of the record company’s choosing and that they should beg Kelle to come back.

Reactions: dUb
They should have been told they could keep five or six tracks and that they were being allocated a further 6 of the record company’s choosing and that they should beg Kelle to come back.
Absolutely. There are a handful of decent/absolutely fine for an album track songs here.

We're going back to PURE POP for the next flop :disco::disco::disco:

It was quite weird on BR2 where it’s evident the Bennetts would now be happy to do gigs as a trio but Kelle’s not up for it.

Hopefully something will come of the 'Lou would be up for it' rumblings, as she and Kéllé are very friendly I believe

Like @Sheena I was a HUGE Eternal fan and bought everything on day one and like @Beryl Always and Forever was the first CD I ever bought.

I did but What’cha Gonna Do on single but I never bothered with the album originally ,although I do have a promo copy with a nice black gatefold CD case that I picked up second hand for next to nothing somewhere.

I’ve listened to this album maybe once in 20 years and the only two decent songs on it are Your Love Makes Me Weak and If She Breaks Your Heart which were the two songs produced by Andy Marvel who did stuff for Celine Dion and Diana King amongst others and were at least semi-decent classic songs of the old Eternal style.

The rest are all just variations of the same AWFUL boring DRIVEL! It didn’t help that the girls were totally unlikeable by this point. What a massive tumble from the greatest heights. To go from a fucking HUGE Greatest Hits album to this massive massive flop was certainly something!

Like @Sheena I was a HUGE Eternal fan and bought everything on day one and like @Beryl Always and Forever was the first CD I ever bought and though I did but What’cha Gonna Do on single I never bothered with the album originally although I do have a promo copy in a nice black gatefold CD that I picked up second hand for next to nothing. I’ve listened to this album maybe once and the only two decent songs on it are Your Love Makes Me Weak and If She Breaks Your Heart which were the two songs produced by Andy Marvel who did stuff for Celine Dion and Diana King amongst others and were at least semi-decent classic songs of the old Eternal style. The rest are all just variations of the same AWFUL boring DRIVEL! It didn’t help that the girls were totally unlikeable by this point. What a massive tumble from the greatest heights. To go from a fucking HUGE Greatest Hits album to this massive massive flop was certainly something!
I remember Higher Than Heaven and Whatcha Gonna Do being released a week apart and Kelle definitely got the sympathy vote at interviews. The sisters even pulled Jamie Theakston in their interview for referring to them as the wicked sisters when interviewing Kelle.

They’d still have picked the wrong 5 or 6

The thing is, whilst this was the first album when they properly had a bash at songwriting, a good half of it if I remember were songs brought from outside.

I really think it was less about being scared of the Bennetts than the ridiculous but often replicated A&R activity of trying to be cool and hitting for the US market.

As I also said before, they wouldn’t have wasted the money on the promotional push and video if they didn’t think it was actually going to be massive...

HIYA LOVES, I'm late to the party (again) but I've just put this on

There's something a bit Darkchild about What'cha Gonna Do

WHO thought this was a good single, though? :D

Treat Me Like A Lady, god this is generic shit isn't it.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE, talk about shitting on your legacy

Sunday Morning - is this them trying to be sexy? :D

I PREFER STRETCH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom