Possessor

Did it possess you?

• Total voters

Krustmas

User
Directed by Brandon Cronenberg, son of bodyhorror master David Cronenberg and starring Andrea Riseborough (Mandy), Christopher Abbott, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Sean Bean.

This has been the most visually striking and original 2020 movie I've seen this year. I would though strongly recommend seeing this fim without too much knowledge, it's like a twisted Cronenberg version of Inception. It's in US cinemas right now though a high quality screener is easily available on the web.

The teaser, which gives you more of an impression of the visual style and nightmarish images:

The full trailer, which gives away more of the plot:

Had no idea this was out there! Will definitely catch it, even the poster alone enticed me.

This was visually interesting but I couldn’t get invested that much (I kept nodding off in the theatre but maybe that’s me). Andrea Risborough is someone who I can’t remember no matter how hard I try.

And somehow I didn't manage to create a poll - can somebody edit? I give it a 9 after the first view.

You can add a poll from thread tools.

I watched his follow up Infinity Pool last weekend and it’s a hoot. Not as upsetting as Possessor and apparently they edited the penises out for ratings but it’s a very enjoyable campy affair.

Mia Goth screaming at the top of her lungs at Alexander Skarsgard while riding on a hood of a car is amazing.

I was going to but this thread got 2 of us talking about the movie and the Crimes of the Future one didn’t get a lot of discussion so I figured there’s not a lot of interest. Feel free to split it.

I ended up seeing this twice. There was something so arresting about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom