Post a fabulous Britney knock-off

she kinda alternated between being a Toni Braxton and Britney Spears wannabe but I recall Sarah Connor had a good range of songs:

Which ones of these are Britney knockoffs, and which are just other Cheiron songs, or “blonde woman pop songs”?

I don't think He Loves U Not is really a Britney knock-off. It was just very much the sound of the time. It's a bit like saying Genie In A Bottle was a Britney knock-off (when it is objectively better than any Max track of the era, WHAT!)

I don't think He Loves U Not is really a Britney knock-off. It was just very much the sound of the time. It's a bit like saying Genie In A Bottle was a Britney knock-off (when it is objectively better than any Max track of the era, WHAT!)
I mean, it’s not like Printy did this sound first anyway when Max was making hits for Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC years before.

Actually, that might be too close to One More Time to truly be in the Spears trail. This is more Holly V, but is explicitly going after pop glory in a more deliberate manner. The More album is just incredible: Sex Has Come Between Us, That Was Then (and this is one of the best ever pop middle 8s in the category of "Av Lav meets Hepburn"), She Talks About Love, Busted (!! Toxic producers alert !!) and the suicide note This Summer I (which is actually my insta bio, but don't read into that :D)

Oh but anyway, what is this pop jewel you ask. Here it is:

More of a curio than a classic. She even has a song called Bad-A-Bing.

NOT Jamie-Lynn
hVXzIxP.gif

Well it proves Jamie Lynn Spears isn't even the best Jamie Lynn. Maybe I should inform the #freebritney mob for a new peice of internet hostility they can use.

I feel like 70% of the songs in this thread are more for “Post a forgotten 00s hit with a female pop singer”

I don’t know if anyone was knocking off Britney apart from the debut era, right? In that sense of singers that were a reaction to and clone of early Britney, Mandy Moore and Jessica Simpson’s 2nd album sexing-up must be the archetypal ones.

Blonde woman singing pop song in 2008 feels a bit less of a link

anyway we all know this thread was just @VoR trying to bring up Candy without doing it directly, I SEE YOU :D

:D Hyori has quite a colour history of plagiarism the most obscure (as obscure as a Britney song can be) thinking she can get away with it.

This one is just a bizarre pastiche of the Overprotected Darkchild and Toxic video

:D Hyori has quite a colour history of plagiarism the most obscure (as obscure as a Britney song can be) thinking she can get away with it.

This one is just a bizarre pastiche of the Overprotected Darkchild and Toxic video

i love Jpop videos casting foreign actors, with no idea if they are good at anything

Spoiler: they aren’t

i love Jpop videos casting foreign actors, with no idea if they are good at anything

Spoiler: they aren’t

There are a few Ayumi ones i can think of that has this, in any case she won't hesitate in shagging them and marrying them too.

Here's another FABULOUS knock off

• Love
Reactions: COB
I’ve been having such a moment to this thread tonight!

‘Rewind’ really was (and is) an astonishingly good pop song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom