Post a fabulous Britney knock-off

VoR

Take it or leave it
When Britney hit in the early 00s, the charts were fair flooded with attempts to cash in from local acts, regional acts and rival record label efforts. Some were hits, most were not, but let's collect the best here:

Starting with possibly the gold standard. Obviously Billie as a pop star pre-dates Britney, but this was absolutely an effort to up her game. AND IT WORKED. :disco:

When Britney hit in the early 00s, the charts were fair flooded with attempts to cash in from local acts, regional acts and rival record label efforts. Some were hits, most were not, but let's collect the best here:

Starting with possibly the gold standard. Obviously Billie as a pop star pre-dates Britney, but this was absolutely an effort to up her game. AND IT WORKED. :disco:

A BOP!!

• Love
Reactions: VoR

Jessica Folker’s hits were actually the template used for Britney’s early stuff, rather than the other way around.

Adore that song either way though. This one was much more obviously retooled into what became …Baby One More Time

Last edited:
I'm sure that Stinx song was released as a single due to the success of the advert. I've never been able to source it though.

Not particularly fabulous but Victoria Silvstedt's 'Just Can't Live Without You' is such a blatant rip-off of 'Sometimes', I'm amazed Cheiron didn't sue her.

It was part of a stop smoking campaign, and in the advert was a girl group called Stinx (as smoking STINKS) who sang the song about how they can’t get a boyfriend and can’t run (they had a pain in their chest).

I actually forgot all about this song, and it was too good for that advert!

Did you audition? :)

It was part of a stop smoking campaign, and in the advert was a girl group called Stinx (as smoking STINKS) who sang the song about how they can’t get a boyfriend and can’t run (they had a pain in their chest).

I actually forgot all about this song, and it was too good for that advert!
Oh! I remember this actually!

Stinx was one of several anti-smoking adverts created by Scottish marketing agency The Bridge, and the music came from John McLaughlin and Gordon Goudy who worked with the likes of Simple Minds and Victoria Beckham.
The Spice Girls solo single that never was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom