Post a forgotten boyband hit

The peak ludicrosity of Liquid Dreams has been mentioned (twice) but I did actually like We Fit Together

I also enjoyed Ashley Parker Angel’s solo output (on FMforums)

The peak ludicrosity of Liquid Dreams has been mentioned (twice) but I did actually like We Fit Together

I also enjoyed Ashley Parker Angel’s solo output (on FMforums)

OMG what a banger! I loved this when it was released and forgot about it for about a decade!

I'm not sure if a duo is considered to be a boyband but this is a treat not least because of
  • Sheer drama distilled into 3:40 minutes
  • Budgetary constraints resulting in hastily inserted funfair footage
  • Completely disinterested keyboard player
  • Lead singer trying to emulate a Jim Kerr dance "routine"
  • Half-arsed dancers looking like unsuccessful applicants from a Delage audition
  • Carol Smiley in a Patsy Stone wig possibly providing backup vox

I don’t know if this fits the criteria, it was a UK #1 (albeit fell very quickly). I recall a few years ago a comment that this was better than anything N’Sync or the US boybands we’re turning out at the same point and it really was. An incredibly well made pop song.

I don’t know if this fits the criteria, it was a UK #1 (albeit fell very quickly). I recall a few years ago a comment that this was better than anything N’Sync or the US boybands we’re turning out at the same point and it really was. An incredibly well made pop song.

yeah it does build doesn’t it? They need to kill their choreographer though.
I’m not sure of the relative merits between them an N Sync, sort of a photocopy of a photocopy, and it’s all from Sweden anyway right?

whose idea was it for them to try and look like mechanics :D the slim poofy one, no way, maybe the little one with the stubble but I think he was about 3ft6

if only Ben had had his hair breakthrough an album earlier..

Oh the Norwegian one was quite successful on home turf as a soloist :o I had no idea he wrote Attention for ESC2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom