Post a one-hit wonder R&B song

RIP Puff Johnson. Managed to get her album for 99p in Virgin Megastore. Really should have been huge.

what a FABULOUS song. The follow up Forever More was great too. I had both singles. the late 90s was full of R&B singers who were given label support for 5 minutes and then dropped the moment they didn't hit #1 for 17 weeks.

Page 1 of this thread is giving me life and it's everything. A serve from Ms. @dUb. This is my end-of-the-week playlist sorted.

Reactions: dUb
I also never realised that the R&B version of Tina Moore's Never Gonna Let You Go was such. a. bop.

ok so Mya had a few more hits, the same can't be said for Pras (as a solo artist anyway)

the official video is geoblocked :D

NEXT HAD TWO HUGE HITS

globally at least. They had several smashes in the US

:kim:

Love that Skeelo song

if we’re talking hip hop 1HWs, see also “Jump Around” and “I Got 5 On It”

And Kris Kross Jump

Chamillionaire Ridin ’

Chingy Right Thurr (he had a few hits in the US I think, but not outside it)

What in the heterosexual hell is going on with @Pipo's contributions. We have no choice but to un-stan.

in which PLANET are Willow smith, Lil'Mama and Paula DeAnda considered STR8t? Not in @chromatica miss Lou!

I was popping my gunny/bussy to all of these ever since I was a kid :disco:

Pipo failing to understand the secondary purpose of this topic - shit posting.

Mase is absolutely definitely and in no way a one hit wonder :D

he was on about fifty hits between 1996 and 1999

I was gonna say Jagged Edge, that’s certainly the track they were known for mostly, but they’ve been going for ages, still making music, and they did have a handful of other hits

I was gonna say Jagged Edge, that’s certainly the track they were known for mostly, but they’ve been going for ages, still making music, and they did have a handful of other hits

aside from Let's get married, other "hits"?

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom