Post a picture of a famous person you dislike

Oh is he? I’ve only ever seen him being very pro animal rights which made me think he was an ok sort without knowing a single other thing about him.

He's a transphobe, severely ableist and all his comedy punches down. He really needs to stop getting a free pass just because he's worked out that killing animals for fun is bad.

He's a transphobe, severely ableist and all his comedy punches down. He really needs to stop getting a free pass just because he's worked out that killing animals for fun is bad.
Didn’t know that as I don’t follow him so thanks for the info.

Protecting animals is great and important but people are MORE important

After Life was really quite good, but it was very much let down by one "hilarious" scene where a man in his 50s identified as an 8-year-old girl. Such a shame because the writing in all the scenes bar that one were magic.

Yes, that was an awful scene that felt like it was crowbarred in to make a point to his critics. :manson:

Not sure this one still counts as famous but...

mike-read.jpg

Fuck him and fuck his UKIP calypso.

^^^

I didn't really want the picture that made him look like a paedo magician but the first one was from The Snu.

My feelings towards Noel are more PITY these days, as he's clearly gone wrong in the head.

My feelings towards Noel are more PITY these days, as he's clearly gone wrong in the head.

I did enjoy his anti-Lloyds Bank radio station. As they'd made me redundant back in '06, I felt I could get on board with that.

The problem I have with Howard is his execution. It's like he has good ideas but doesn't know what to do with them.

YES! I like his politics but I still think he's an insufferable, unfunny prick.
With a lot of comedians I think it’s overexposure.

It probably wasn’t his fault, but I stopped liking him when we went to a taping of Russell Howard’s Good News during a wave when we’d go to a lot of TV audience things and it was the most terribly run and produced show I’d ever seen. They started over an hour late and then would literally record all of the jokes 4-5 times in a different order because for some reason they’d never heard of editing. Then Russell Howard would start yelling at the audience for not laughing after they’d heard the same line for the umpteenth time, and would get annoyed at people trying to leave when it went on stupidly late.

I also get irritated at comedians whose entire stand-up routine is to talk about their “crazy” families and all the funny things their mum says. Only Greg Davies can pull it off because his family actually do seem bonkers, and his storytelling is executed well.

Having daytime tv on in the background working from home has reminded me of this cringey, outdated, stilted awfulness.

Bacon-6.jpg

She was quite fun in her earlier days (Smash Hits TV on Sky One anyone?) but she was definitely replaced by a robot when she took over from Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom