Post the covers of your five favourite books.

51v-zo8SXkL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

3190fsfp48L.jpg

secret_history_penguin.jpg

41jkVrKE2dL._SY346_.jpg

9780141186351.jpg

Ugh this is too hard!

Is it favorite books or favorite covers

Google Lolita!

I even put Nabokov’s name in it too to be safe.

Just a disclaimer; I have no idea what it’s about (but I can guess judging by the name), I don’t want to spoil it for myself.

I have a copy of it on my shelf and it's one of the many books I was supposed to read at uni but never properly started so YES to Book Club.

It’s not for everybody obviously, which is understandable considering the subject matter, but it’s so darkly amusing and the writing is the best I’ve ever read.

I mean, how can you not be seduced by this opening paragraph?

ZdrCYAc.jpg

LOOK AT THIS TANGLE OF THORNS. :disco:

My top five doesn't exist because I could probably choose any of about fifteen but I opted for a bit of variety.

31360625._SY475_.jpg

220px-The_Blackwater_Litghtship.jpg

the-prime-of-miss-jean-brodie-poster-690-p_600x.jpeg

19960383.jpg

81m0Fx27RlL.jpg

And this isn't top five but I love the cover:

71o70UT3IcL.jpg

this is hard, Chlammy, I am not even sure I have favourites as such (or it's just that I have a memory like a goldfish) but these come to mind when I try to think of books I easily have/could read again

1576188.jpg

40985727.jpg

43236057._SX318_.jpg

(I love this cover, have only read the original though)
787423.jpg

(all editions Confessions are so ugly, I wish they'd publish a new hip one :D)
11384158.jpg

(yes, you may laugh)

@Rula Lenska - I’m reading The Lovely Old Dears at the moment. It’s delightfully silly old nonsense and just what I needed for a quick read with no need for too much intellectual involvement!

I still have Tove's A Winter Book which I keep meaning to read but haven't since buying it for some reason. Another lovely cover, incidentally.

The Tove Jansson episode of the Queer as Fact podcast was lovely.

I wanted to read the winter book last winter but couldn’t find it in stores. Next year!

I still have Tove's A Winter Book which I keep meaning to read but haven't since buying it for some reason. Another lovely cover, incidentally.

The Tove Jansson episode of the Queer as Fact podcast was lovely.

So presumably you've already read The Summer Book?

@Rula Lenska - I’m reading The Lovely Old Dears at the moment. It’s delightfully silly old nonsense and just what I needed for a quick read with no need for too much intellectual involvement!

Oh, that is nice to hear!

I'm supposed to be working on Old Dears 3 but I really can't be arsed, to be brutally frank.

The Summer Book is in my top five books of all time. I adore it.

I couldn't get into The Winter Book. I should try again at some point.

I think this is why I couldn’t find the winter book, it’s not available in Swedish maybe.
I read everything in English, but Scandi authors should be read in Swedish.

off the top of my head. though marquez, london and steinback are childhood favourites, i haven't read them in more than 20 years.

tumblr_ldugiw8h3z1qagmifo1_5001-195x300.jpg

martin-eden-71.jpg

9780375404634.jpg

51bArZUMnjL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

9780241950050.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom