Post your Podcast feed

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
What are you subscribed to? Any recommendations?

My listening has nosedived in lockdown so I have a massive backlog building. And this is even with pruning out things I know I'll just never get round to

Screenshot_20210408-093356.png

I have a very small list of shows that I listen to regularly - I don't do a daily commute atm, and if I'm at home, I'm always going to be listening to music rather than podcasts. I used to listen to a bunch of true crime podcasts when I had a job that allowed me to listen all day, but got burned out on them a few years ago

These are my current chosen few: Criminal, Who? Weekly, Deja The View, You're Wrong About, Decoder Ring

I discovered a new (to me) one recently called Underunderstood which has potential to become a regular

I listened to Reply All before the implosion, but it was already getting so hit-and-miss that I felt very little emotion when it came to a probable end recently

It's the PocketCasts app! I am tempted to pop all mine in there as it looks lovely doesn't it

I use Spotify for podcasts so I don’t know how to post a feed pic.

I have almost only Swedish news/politics podcasts and Race Chasers.

The only one I listen to every episode of is 538.

I also used to listen to a lot more politics ones (Pod Save America, Lovett or Leave It), but they were making me too upset sometimes so I cut down on them

Armchair Expert and Track by Track pretty often

Things Gay People Like of course

In vague order of how much I like them

Attitudes neé Throwing Shade
BBC’s More or Less
Trixie & Katya’s The Bald & the Beautiful
99% Invisible
Things Gay People Like
Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men
This day in esoteric political history
The Allusionist
Race Chaser
This is Love
Ghiblioteque (though have 0 interest in the other studio they’re covering now)
Japan Top 10 (editing has really gone to shit)
Imaginary Worlds
Under Consoletation (GamesMaster recap)

In a separate category:
BBC’s In our time with Melvyn Bragg, which I use to go to sleep

That wow from @Beverley shows the impact the new reactions can have!

I am subscribed, but I haven’t listened yet. But I plan to!

I'm fairly new to podcasts, but I love Katherine Ryan's one.

Also Alan Carr's one about holidays can be highly amusing too.

I'm fairly new to podcasts, but I love Katherine Ryan's one.
Update: I've been bingeing on her podcasts, and only today heard from one February when she gushes about Jess Phillips. So that's made me question how I feel about Ryan, given that I cannot abide Phillips. I'll TRY to get past it somehow.

Pokémon and lapsed Pokémon fans:

I've stumbled across this podcast. They're two comedians/improv performers who are working their way through every Pokémon ever, with each getting its own hour long episode. They've finished the original 151 though I'm only on Weedle.

It might get old fast but I'm enjoying it. Though putting Ivysaur through an entire Myers-Briggs personality test was a bit much.

Last edited:
Pokémon and lapsed Pokémon fans:

I've stumbled across this podcast. They're two comedians/improv performers who are working their way through every Pokémon ever, with each getting its own hour long episode. They've finished the original 151 though I'm only on Weedle.

It might get old fast but I'm enjoying it. Though putting Ivysaur through an entire Myers-Briggs personality test was a bit much.

can you tell me more? My reaction was
Pokémon 😻
Improv comedians 🤔
One hour long :Lundvik:

I’m STILL listening to that Gamesmaster one, getting more and more bloated at 1 hour 50 per episode now. It’s got good game stuff in it, but SO much stuff a good editor would’ve gotten rid of.

In vague order of how much I like them

Attitudes neé Throwing Shade
BBC’s More or Less
Trixie & Katya’s The Bald & the Beautiful
99% Invisible
Things Gay People Like
Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men
This day in esoteric political history
The Allusionist
Race Chaser
This is Love
Ghiblioteque (though have 0 interest in the other studio they’re covering now)
Japan Top 10 (editing has really gone to shit)
Imaginary Worlds
Under Consoletation (GamesMaster recap)

In a separate category:
BBC’s In our time with Melvyn Bragg, which I use to go to sleep
Attitudes! has always been my go-to. Bryan y Erin really do have my heart. Have you got involved with their Patreon? I feel it will become a feast of in-joke posts. Have you listened to any Ask Ronna? It was a real veneer of sophistication for me during lockdown.

Attitudes! has always been my go-to. Bryan y Erin really do have my heart. Have you got involved with their Patreon? I feel it will become a feast of in-joke posts. Have you listened to any Ask Ronna? It was a real veneer of sophistication for me during lockdown.
I’ve thought about joining the patreon but haven’t yet. The exclusive episodes do seem tempting
Their groceries podcast was hilarious too

Mm I haven’t really, I’m feeling like I’m drowning in podcasts at the moment, I don’t think I can handle any more!

I might have to ditch Jinkx soon, and I’d really like to be rid of Gamesmaster because it doesn’t look like they’ll ever learn how to edit

I have a few I listen to but I don't have a 'feed'! I just look them up and pull out the new episodes which is probably ridiculously high effort in this day and age.

The Bugle
What the Fuck Is Going On with Mark Steel
Off Menu with Ed Gamble and James Acaster
Acceptable In The 80s with Kunt & Roy
Oh Brother - A Podcast About The Fall

I pick out odd episodes of others if I'm interested in the guest - Richard Herring, Adam Buxton, I Am The Eggpod, Distraction Pieces etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom